Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Bugs & Steering Columns . . .
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Bugs & Steering Columns . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L_Morgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: TT Bugs & Steering Columns . . . Reply with quote

So many people with some many opinions . . . it seems that whilst there are dissatisfied TT customers there is not enough support to justify us speaking in numbers. There are satisfied TT customers and an alarming amount of people who simply accept, and put up with, the 'bugs' that accompany your software license like speed cameras are accompanied with a fine and the obligatory 3 points.

I must be a minority with my opinion. I think that if I buy a license for software for a device that is supported I expect it, irrespective of cost, to work. I am not happy paying to beta test for bugs which is disguised as a upgrade.

Some forum members are not 100% happy unless there's a bug to fix and some belittle the issue by frowning upon 'naive' users who think that software should be in 100% working order the moment the shiny wrapping is ripped from the pretty packaging. We'll it's a good job software developers dont build your cars - "Air-bag failed to deploy Sir? Ah, that be a bug. But don't worry Sir, we're working on a fix. By the time we've detangled the steering colum from your ribs and after you've finished feeding through your tube for 6 weeks we'll have sorted the problem"

. . . And at 39,000 feet cruising at a steady 500mph, whilst you lean back to supp on some teppid tea watching another re-run of 'only fools and horses' on your way to the Costa's - just think of that aeronautical software . . .

Still think software bugs are acceptable?

Put simply, software manufacturers get away with an unacceptable level of bugs because it because we let them.
ROM date: 04/11/06
Radio version 1.09.00
Protocol version: 42.42.P8
ExtROM version: 1.30.162 WWE
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all about perspective, I would prefer it if TomTom had no bugs but for a bit of software that costs about £5 (it's the maps you pay for), I see no point in putting so much effort into campaigning about it. Surely there must be bigger issues in life to sort out?

I would believe that TomTom are well aware of the bugs that have occurred in the field and will be working towards fixing them as they always have done. They could have delayed the launch by several months to iron out some of them, but I would rather have had a slightly buggy version early. The bugs have not caused me any issues or cost me significant time.

To compare PDA navigator software to aeronautical software is a totally invalid comparison. Aeronautical software will be written for a dedicated platform and have months of expensive testing that will cost millions of pounds. That level of work is just not justified for a pocket gadget.
L_Morgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Tongue in check Reply with quote

Mr T,

I am not campaigning nor am I making any comparisons in software . . .

Its the principal I am making a point about.
ROM date: 04/11/06
Radio version 1.09.00
Protocol version: 42.42.P8
ExtROM version: 1.30.162 WWE

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: