Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - go 300 speed cam/ activation question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

go 300 speed cam/ activation question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bestyman
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: go 300 speed cam/ activation question Reply with quote

Hi all,
Not sure about these go 300s as I have a classic.

A mate of mine has a 300 and wants speed cams and voices adding which I can easily do but ;
1. will it all fit on his card ( does the 300 still have a 128)
2. If I use a 256sd card will the card need activating with his product code? He claims he hasn`t got one/ dosn`t know where to find it. Obviously no CD so where is it supplied on the 300?

Is there a certain way to avoid putting the code in if he cannot find it? Would copying his card to PC then back again to 256 card work? I have read many conflicting opinions on this site about when the go needs and does not need a code. Also from personal experience I am totally confused by this activation code thing, seems no logic in when it is needed.

Thanks

Mark
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have have just got a GO 500, which comes with a 256Mb card. I got a larger 512Mb card so I copied the contents of the TT card onto my computer and then back onto the new card. No activation code is needed. First time I did it, I used a card reader and it did not work so then I used the GO itself to copy and paste. No problem. I have read elsewhere that it is important to use the GO to copy and past. Also keep a copy of the original files as a backup.

Brian
bestyman
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply.
Why did you get a bigger card than the 256? Reason I ask is that if a 512 is needed I`ll get me mate to bring one round with his GO.
Thanks
Mark
BrianI
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
The 500 original files come to 216Mb and I wanted to add safety cameras etc, plus you need a bit of space for operating, so I went for the next size up. With a 300 you could go for a 256Mb card. The other advantage is i have the original tomtom card in case of any problems - plus a copy on my computer

Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: