Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint now available for tt5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint now available for tt5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbailey3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB100 wrote:
I used Checkpoint 3.2 with Navigator 3 and was very happy with it. Now that Navigator 5 has the ability built-in I am a bit confused as to what benefit there is from it now?

Have I missed the point or is there something that Checkpoint can do that the 'Warn When Near POI' feature in Navigator 5 doesn't Question

Andy

Multiple warnings per POI. Some people like this feature which Checkpoint can do, but not TTN5.
alan_m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB100 wrote:
I used Checkpoint 3.2 with Navigator 3 and was very happy with it. Now that Navigator 5 has the ability built-in I am a bit confused as to what benefit there is from it now?

Have I missed the point or is there something that Checkpoint can do that the 'Warn When Near POI' feature in Navigator 5 doesn't Question

Andy

You may not have noticed all the posts about limiting the number of external POIs or disabling some of the TT5 POI options in order to make TT5 run somewhere like it should. The new POI features in TT 5 don't work to well if you attempt to use then too much Sad

TT5 POI warning is not based on speed.
Recording a POI location with TT5 is not an quick , or safe, option.
brob108
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have Checkpoint back again...great work whoever has done this! However mine isn't quite working properly at the moment, not sure if anyone else have these problems:

Currently running on an IPAQ HX 2750 with TN5.1 , POI Warner (for TTN5) and have put on Checkpoint 5.0.1 today but have had a couple of crashes with Checkpoint.

When I click on Navigate from the Checkpoint general settings page TT launches but has sometimes crashed and also when running (in demo mode at this stage) there has been a bigger crash with warning messages saying SDK Error! coming up a lot.

Also I can't see Checkpoint icon coming up in the TT Navigator pages (as described on the Checkpoint site).

Has anyone else had these issues?

As someone else has stated the warning indication bar doesn't really work in landscape mode alas...the software feels to me it's about 99% there, or is it something I'm doing/not doing?
boomshanka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having These problems as well. Checkpoint creates a folder inside the Tomtom folder on the ppc called SdkFileCalls. TT5 keeps crashing until I delete the entries in this folder and relaunch TT5 without checkpiont. When I launch Checkpoint again it rewrites entries in this folder and causes TT5 to crash once more. Hope someone knows how to get around this because as you say its good to have checkpoint back.
phile
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried once more to reinstall CP5.01 and have the same problem. (cant see any POI's). The POI's I am trying to use are not from the CP site but from the PocketGPS Speed Camera database.
Must I sync before CP works with existing POI's , (I never had any problems with the last version) , if I do this would be a problem as I am connected to the web via my work proxy server and cannot find out the details of the server so cant sync.
ijhill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Works fine for me Reply with quote

Checkpoint 5 works fine on my Dell X50 with latest update of TT5 (5.10 I believe). Upgraded from 3 and did not even have to enter my passwords again.

However, I am still using TT5 in-built warner. Mainly use for downloading/uploading POI's. Big complait is that TT5 is limited to 40POI's.

Also does anyone know how to delete all of the incorrect POI;s in the sea (they are buggin' me Wink ) without hiring a boat.
phile
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think my problem is due to the number of POI's as I only have 6 installed. When I go into the overlay settings option to set up the warnings etc , I cant see any POI's , all I can see is a folder icon with "Not Synchronised" next to it and no + sysmbol to expand the folder.
If I click on the folder icon it highlights but nothing happens.
My question is do I have to sync before I can see any POI's (even those previously installed), and if I do then how do I get over not knowing my company proxy details.
phile
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLVED IT
It would appear that in order to use the POI's you must Sync first. I managed to connect to the web using a connection via my mobile phone and it sync'd ok. As soon as it did I could see the POI's and all is now OK.
Phil
Solo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I loaded Checkpoint for TTN5 after a hard reset, and it crashed my Mio168, on next attempt the unit just froze, so i'll wait fro an update to Checkpoint Rolling Eyes
Samsung Galaxy S11
Samsung Galaxy s3
Galaxy s4
Galaxy s5
Galaxy tab s
The penalty for bigamy is two Mother-in-Laws
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had a chance to use this yet but I already dont like the launch Checkpoint and then click again to start TomTom. Is there no way to have it either launch with TomTom or start TomTom at the same time without having to click on Navigate?

Cheers
Pete2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanK wrote:
Not had a chance to use this yet but I already dont like the launch Checkpoint and then click again to start TomTom. Is there no way to have it either launch with TomTom or start TomTom at the same time without having to click on Navigate?

Cheers

Start checkpoint without starting tt5 and the entry on the first screen that comes up in checkpoint is "navigate". Tap this and it starts tt and adds another page to the tt menus with just checkpoint on.

When you finish, exit tt like normal and checkpoint stops as well.
Pete2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry alank - just re-read your post - no theres not an option to start checkpoint and tt together, thou its only one more screen tap to get them both running and if you have checkpoint on your today menu its easy to do when in the cradle.
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note - you don't need to do any Internet synching to get checkpoint to detect your pois - just start checkpoint then start tomtom5 - once tomtom has run it'll find the directory with your pois .

Personally until they fix the flickering I won't be using it, however if someone can make a data.chk file for tomtom 5 with one of the warnign noises silent it would be possible to use the detection properties of checkpoint (which are obviously much better than tt5) and the visual display from tt5.

Hope that makes sense - relly looking forward to usin checkpoint with TT5 once the bugs are sorted.

DinAlt
Samba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just installed checkPOInt 5 with TomTom5.0 and when I launch checkpoint, it will not launch TomTom, it just sits there.
If I launch TomTom on its own I can see the new menu (page 4 of 4) but it will not launch checkpoint, then if i'm lucky it locks up on the Navigator screen. The only way out of this is a soft reset.
Help....
I have a Pocket Loox 610, with TomTom and checkPOInt all on a 512 mb SD card.
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah - another problem - if you have amended your menu settings then no new menu appears inside TomTom...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: