Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will Navigon Navigator 5 work on the MDPNA100?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Navigon Navigator 5 work on the MDPNA100?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Will Navigon Navigator 5 work on the MDPNA100? Reply with quote

Hear is a good one. Has anyone managed to get the Navigon Mobile Navigator v5 (2005) to work in the MDPNA100?

Also, another interesting cosern is that I think Medion ain't going to offer any updated vector maps or updates to the bundled software and mapping. Are they?

For instance, there is a v4.75 version of the Medion navigotor. I have v4.4. I assume v4.75 is simply a bug fix and improvements. How the hell to I get hold of v4.75 of the software?

So, I'm simply thinking of going streight to Navigon. In their upgrade page they have the MDPPC100 listed, but not the MDPNA100.

Apart from anyone telling me that the PNA is the same as the PPC, except with no built-in GPS receiver, has anyone actually had Navigon's MN5 to work and has navigated with it on the MDPNA100?
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got Navigon 5 to work on anything Rolling Eyes
davwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it running on my medion PPC 200 and as yet have not had any problems except when on the M42 going to the M40 a few week ago. The voice directions kept telling me to keep to the right to go onto the M40 when I should have kept to the left. Good job I knew the way and was only giing the GPs a tryout!!!
Myron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Hmmm... Worth keeping an eye on the map... Reply with quote

I've experienced the same on the v4.4 navigator. It's a good idea to also keep an eye on the map. Something I have noticed that on the odd occasion on a dual carridgeway, sometimes your location is shown on the wrong side of the road!

Another one where v4.4 Navigator was totally wrong is when I went for a joy-ride. Ok.. My own car! Went to somewhere near Bradford and then tried to use the navigator to get back. That's when I discovered an error in the mapping as the navigator wanted to take me down wither a farm track or a dirt track. I finally turned off the navigation and used it as a simple map, me least showing me where I was.

There are faults with the mapping. That's why on the odd occasion I mute the speech and just take note of the map, keeping in mind that the position on the screen is usually lagging behing my true position by up to one second.
Myron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Awww. Come on . . . . Reply with quote

In an attempt to find out if Navigon's Mobile Navigator works on the MDPNA100 I has to resort to slight underhand tactics so I'm not stuck with a purchase that I can't use or get a refund. It appears that the Navigon Mobile Navigator v5.1 does seem to work.

Yes, I've reverted back to v4.4 because it came with the MDPNA100 and it works. I'm interesting in getting an upgrade that has nothing to do with Medion so at least I can get better support and updates.

So, has anyone got Navigon's mobile navagator on the MDPNA100 and is sucessfully using it?
Myron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davwood wrote:
I have it running on my medion PPC 200 and as yet have not had any problems except when on the M42 going to the M40 a few week ago. The voice directions kept telling me to keep to the right to go onto the M40 when I should have kept to the left. Good job I knew the way and was only giing the GPs a tryout!!!
What are the differences between the MDPNA100 and the MDPPC200?
davwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question..I did a search for the mdpna 100 and it seems that this unit seems to be an udated version of the ppc 200 but with the gps antenna built in.

The ppc 200 has a separate antenna which has to be plugged into a usb port at the bottom. if the mdpna 100 runs pocket pc 2003 then it will run navigator 5
Myron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Confusion . . . Reply with quote

Okay.. This is getting wierd. So, it seems the idea is not to go by the model number of the unit, but by the type. Hence `200` is an earlier model of `100`. Yet I've seen the MDPNA150 arvertised, but I think I've seen people describing it as operating WinCE, but in a dedicated mode where you need to do some fancy diffling to gain access to all the inaccessible, yet built-in, applications.

The MDPNA100, has all the user functions, programs, settings, etc... accessible. If opt not to install the Medion Navigator and ignore the fact that it has a GPS then I can use it as a fully fledged WM2003 PocketPC.
Myron
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Got a link to a web site where I can compare specifications of the MDPPC200 with the MDPNA100? Oddly enough the MDPNA100 must be current as if you visit https://www.medionshop.co.uk/ then (well, it was as of 10th August 2005) the MDPNA100 is listed as a current main-stream product.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: