Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom and HP Ipaq HX4700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom and HP Ipaq HX4700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Boy Slim UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: TomTom and HP Ipaq HX4700 Reply with quote

I've been away for a while !
I know this has already been asked (I guess) but Just upgraded my Compaq Ipaq 3970 running tomtom 5 to a HP HX4700 and i am experiencing a few problems with it closing tomtom and going back to the today screen.I've been told to return the fimware back to version 1.00 to stop the memory leak and if i put the latest tomtom update it will solve all these problems.Is this true ? anyone else let me know if you've had the same problems and how you got round them.
HP HX4700,2 GB Kingston SD,Fortuna Clip-on Bluetooth GPS, TomTom 5,Dell Axin X50,Destinator 6,Kingston 1GB SD Card,Nokia N80 smartphone,1GB Kingston ,TomTom mobile 5,Nokia N95 Smartphone,2GB Kingston MSD Card,TT One XL WE Traffic.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 4700 runs great with vs5,1 installed and I havn't messed with the firmware, the only thing I have noticed is that the device runs quite warm to the touch as the software runs the processor at max speed. Also if you want to be able to read the GPS speed on screen along with the other data (the bit at the bottom below the map) then VGA is not too good as this data is way too small - even with good eye sight. Mike
intertoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a few customers with this problem and installing the patch supplied by TomTom solved the problem.

You can grab this patch from www.tomtom.com/updates/ppcupd510.exe

Jonathan Bowes
Product Manager
wwwglobalpositioningsystems.co.uk

YooNoo Ltd
Pat Boy Slim UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
My 4700 runs great with vs5,1 installed and I havn't messed with the firmware, the only thing I have noticed is that the device runs quite warm to the touch as the software runs the processor at max speed. Also if you want to be able to read the GPS speed on screen along with the other data (the bit at the bottom below the map) then VGA is not too good as this data is way too small - even with good eye sight. Mike

What firmware are you using ?
HP HX4700,2 GB Kingston SD,Fortuna Clip-on Bluetooth GPS, TomTom 5,Dell Axin X50,Destinator 6,Kingston 1GB SD Card,Nokia N80 smartphone,1GB Kingston ,TomTom mobile 5,Nokia N95 Smartphone,2GB Kingston MSD Card,TT One XL WE Traffic.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Product revision level 1.0
ROM Date 09/02/04
ROM Revision 1.00.09 ENG
OS Version Windows CE 4.21
Bootloader version 1.01
XIP Version 4.21.14132.0

Cheers Mike
Pat Boy Slim UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard people reverting back to version 1.0 from 1.10 as the previous version does'nt cause the memory leak.
Kirium
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: hx4700 Firmware Update + TT5 Reply with quote

Hi, Been using TT5 5.1 for a while, approx 5000 miles. Not one problem, until today Sad its already listed in the somewhat extensive bug list, the one where it thinks your in a field, then your not, then you are etc etc. Not experienced any of the others.

With regard to the hx4700 ROM firmware update, from 1 to 1.10.08, you'd be mad not to, you get loads of bug fixes, the WiFi works 200% better, maybe 300% Laughing that annoying "insufficient memory" crap when the WiFi & bluetooth are on is fixed too and you get the latest media player, plus, plus, plus.

To summarise, i'm running TT5 5.1, hx4700 ROM ver1.10.08 and i'm not experiencing the memory problem and haven't for 5000 miles, 90% of which was using TomTom. Hope this helps :D
Baz70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intertoto wrote:
We had a few customers with this problem and installing the patch supplied by TomTom solved the problem.

You can grab this patch from www.tomtom.com/updates/ppcupd510.exe

Jonathan Bowes
Product Manager
wwwglobalpositioningsystems.co.uk

YooNoo Ltd

Do you run the above prog on the pc or the pda??

Thanks

Baz
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade programe should run on the PC, make sure the PDA is docked and connected via active sync, when you run the programe and it will install / activate etc. Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: