Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq2210, TT Blueth I, TTN5.1 whether to persevere
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq2210, TT Blueth I, TTN5.1 whether to persevere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Ipaq2210, TT Blueth I, TTN5.1 whether to persevere Reply with quote

Anyone using the above combo successfully i.e without the cursor veering off into the fields and/or losing staellite fix which did not happen with TTN3.

Mine is now a clean install ot TTN5 (from CD) from a hard reset and then upgrade to 5.1. GB map on Sandisk Ultra II 512Mb CF card. Connection between Ipaq and GPS good but satellite fix varies continuously -can go from all bars on to none in an instant! I have POI's turned off and stret names also in the belief that the processor is struggling to cope with the new prog. Anything else I can do or do I go back, reluctantly because of the improvement in the maps, to TTN3.
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running version 5 (not 5.1) as I haven't bothered upgrading. Try running version 5 to see if it is stable for you (that will rule out hardware problems)

Mike
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the processor wont be stuggleing my freind and his father have 2210s and theve had no problems though he did play with the baud rate and that improved his ttf and lock ill see what hes runing when he gets back from his hols
if I use my holux mount then the signal does bounce arround a bit as the line of sight isnt very good in my scania on the dash but if i use the my old tt bluetooth gps then the sat lock is very stable

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
...though he did play with the baud rate and that improved his ttf and lock ill see what hes runing when he gets back from his hols...
I'd be interested in knowing that too Smile

Mike
Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I look forward to discovering the settings from anyone with this hardware and a stable set up.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spoke to him during last week which is when he mentioned it hes useing a navman 4400 bt gps i think hes use a baud rate of 4800 hes back next week so ill post it then from what he said tt took him down to cornwall with no probs though he has had a few lock problem but this was due the where he put the gps in the car it could be worth paying with the baud rate and see if it improves thing

one thing he does have to do it connect to the gps in the bt manager before launching tt5
hope that helps a little

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
GlenW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Works OK for me! Reply with quote

I have an HP 2210, TT5.1 and a bluetooth GPS receiver (PS-3100). I have not experienced any problems with the set-up. Not had any real problems with the GPS signal though it does drop occaisionally with either the BT receiver or an old CF receiver.

Navigation has proved to be fine on trips from Scotland to Birmingham and also recently whilst on holiday in Spain. One thing that did impress me was when going through tunnels in Spain, TT5 guessed the position of the car (whilst there was no GPS signal) and navigated reasonable accurately until the signal was established once out of the tunnel.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: