Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddyo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Safety Camera Icons Reply with quote

Just installed the zoned Gatso and mobile camera .ov2 and .bmp files along with the specs, redlight and temp .ov2, .bmp files on my TTG700.

I live in liverpool and the vast majority of the camera sites show as the "normal" camera icon with no speed limit information.

Dotted around the place are the odd 30, 50 and 60 icons for a few of the remaing sites.

Is this normal? or should most of the camera sites be zoned and hence show as the speed limit icons rather thatn the normal, standard camera icon?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are Gatso cameras, it's because nobody has sent the information in for the database to be amended.

The Mobile cameras all have the same icon if you use the standard BMP. The alternative set of BMPs show a speed indication.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
daddyo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply - I was thinking along those lines - just thought I'd check.

What I described in terms of the files on my system is not quite correct however. (sorry - but i've installed and uninstalled so much I got confused!)

initially I installed just the non zoned gatso and mobile files and as expected the non zoned icons were all present.

I then removed the single gatso and mobile files and replaced them with the zoned versions but many of the gatso icons, which were present, were now not on the map - just the odd 30, 50, 60 gatso camera icons.

The only way to get all the gatso icons back, was to put back the gatso and mobile non zoned files along with the zoned ones. I now have mainly non zoned gatso icons and the odd 30, 50 60 icons.

If this is because, as you stated in your reply, that many of the gatso locations have no speed limit information and there fore are not included in the zoned files, that's ok. I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right.

Thanks again.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds confusing!
Quote:
I then removed the single gatso and mobile files and replaced them with the zoned versions but many of the gatso icons, which were present, were now not on the map - just the odd 30, 50, 60 gatso camera icons.

What this sounds like, is maybe you haven't installed the "pocketgps_uk_gatso_tba.ov2" (tba=to be announced) set from the speed zoned folder of the download.

As far as I know , the total number of cameras in the "overall" set should be the same as are in the 20,30,40,50,60,70 and tba sets

If some cameras are not showing on the map, you could also double check that all your icon files (pocketgps_uk_gatso_tba.bmp etc.) are present and their names match the .ov2 files names. Do this in Windows Explorer with the Go connected to the PC.

Finally could you tell us the location of a couple of the camera positions that you are having trouble with, so others can have a look on their systems?
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you knoe the speed limits for these cams send them in along with the cam number (name of the POI) to Cameras@PocketGPSWorld.com
daddyo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the help.

I'll check the files again when I get home this evening to make sure.
Can't remeber 100% about the tba file being present and this could be my error.

If this solves my problem, it means a lot of cameras in my area are not yet assigned to a limit and so exist in the TBA file (unless i've misunderstood).
daddyo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i've checked things out, all the files are on the TTG ok including the tba files, its just that a lot of the camera locations are not zoned because the vast majority of them in my area are in the tba files i.e. when I remove the tba file, they all dissppear!

I'll get submitting the zoned information for my local camera sites ASAP.

Just a quick one to finish, when should we report camera positions that are only slightly out?

I come accross two sites on my way home that are approx 100-200yards out of position on the map? in one direction you get too much warning, in the other not enough!

Thanks again for your help with the camera files - much appreciated.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send 'em in with a note saying it is just a position update for Gatso number xxx etc. Just been doing that for Richard today (felt really proud, he'd asked me to double check one for him! Wink )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: