Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI warner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI warner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: POI warner Reply with quote

Firstly...please treat me as a novice ! I have been running Tom Tom 3 quite happily together with POI Warner, with the camera data base originally supplied, I think, by Checkpoint. I decided to upgrade to TT5 and so far have yet to be totally convinced of the merits...but, POI warner no longer seems to be working, and I really miss the 'double' warnings etc. Is it something that I have done, (or not done ?) Thanks.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time POI-Warner (or CheckPOInt) does not work with TT5, there may be a version in the future if TomTom release the SDK for it.
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: POI Warner update. Reply with quote

Good Morning...I have just downloaded the POI Warner update for TT5, but seem to have got myself screwed up, as it don't seem to be working., and am wondering if there is an 'Warner expert' about!.
I have Warner in my program folder and it seems to have downloaded fine. On hitting Warner, the first page says...'start monitoring'...I hit that and the first page of TT5 comes up with 'POI Warner activated' flashing in the top right corner. I now go into Navigate...choose a destination and away I go...but, there is no little Green square showing warner working and none of the Warner POI's are showing....just the earlier ones that came with TT5..(apart from the speed camera ones.)
I can only assume that I have , or have not, done something daft...In my Warner POI settings, I can see all the POIs that I want except when I syncronise, one or two categories that I want have not shown up..ie Hospitals, although the log shows that they have syncronised.
I would appreciate any advice...thanks
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to download and convert the poi's for POI-Warner to use, if you would like to use the Safety Camera files from this web site then you can follow the guide on my web site, that's presuming that POI-Warner for TomTom works in a similar way to Navigon.

Just click the link at the very bottom my post.
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't registered the new POI Warner, so I am unable to set the POIs for detection yet.

However, the POIs (ov2 format) obtained from this site are available in the POI manager to enable detection. So I don't think that any conversion will be necessary.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: