Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nokia 6630 ttm5 firmware issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nokia 6630 ttm5 firmware issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
accy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: nokia 6630 ttm5 firmware issue Reply with quote

Hi...
Can anyone tell me if they are having problems running ttm5 on nokia 6630 with the firmware 3.45.113 please.
Every now and then when i click on the tomtom logo it does not load.Very frustratting.
thanks
coolice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yep, I get this ever now & then although I don't think it's a firmware issue in this case. It appears to be the time in which the application checks if bluetooth is turned on or off, I think this is what makes it hang.

Also as TomTom requires a lot of free RAM to run properly, if you have been using the phone to play games or run other apps there may not quite be enough to start TomTom, hence it quits back to the menu.

In my case a quick restart sorts the problem. Could also be a TT bug.

Ian
accy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have no games on my 6630 ,so it cant be that and i have over 124mb spare memory ,so it cant be that either. ttm5 was working ok for atleast 2 months before i encountered this problem. and a quick restart doesnt work for me either.
So i can only assume its the firmware (kingston dv rs mmc checked for errors but everything ok on this).
I was wondering what firmware people are using to run there ttm5 on?
Ed31
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spare memory and free ram are totally different, i have a nokia 7610 with a 512 rsmmc and my free ram which is internal is about 8 meg.
If i have less than 6 meg free ram then tomtom wont start at all, if i close any applications i have running then tomtom will run fine. Best way to check how much free ram u have on ur phone is to download fexplorer from http://users.skynet.be/domi/fexplorer.htm
APK1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having exactly the same problem, new 6630 TT5 loaded on 512mb card, not a lot else on the phone , it loads ok, then stops working after a couple of hours.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: