Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UKPostcodes - Digitools (Removal)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UKPostcodes - Digitools (Removal)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curlymike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: UKPostcodes - Digitools (Removal) Reply with quote

Dear All,

This add-on was fantastic - A lifesaver on many occasions!

I've now bought a dedicated Sat Nav unit so I'm removing all the GPS stuff from my Pocket PC

Does anybody know or have the removal instructions for the UKPostodes/Digitools product?

Kindest regards,

Mike
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remove the short-cut from the menu on your PDA, then presuming you had the data and program on the storage card then just delete the folder with the files in, think that the folder is called ukpostcodes.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: UKPostcodes - Digitools (Removal) Reply with quote

curlymike wrote:
Now bought a dedicated Sat Nav unit so I'm removing all the GPS stuff from my Pocket PC

Does anybody know or have the removal instructions for the UKPostodes/Digitools product?Mike

Just delete the shortcut, as you are removing everything, when you delete the the Map folder the ukpostcode.dat and .exe file will get deleted, it didn't create and install to it's own directory.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
uk89camaro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to keep it on. I'm finding that TT5 insists on a house number (where available), and doesn't have an "anywhere in this postcode" option. So I use UKpostcode in those instances.
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you leave the house number blank (even if house numbers are available in that street) and hit 'Done', it'll pick a point on the map that's roughly between all the houses that share that postcode (which makes sense).

Seems to work with the postcodes I've tried so far, anyway.
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voice_of_reason wrote:
If you leave the house number blank (even if house numbers are available in that street) and hit 'Done', it'll pick a point on the map that's roughly between all the houses that share that postcode (which makes sense).

Works for me as well but I come unstuck when I want to go somewhere just to look around so do not have even a street name (could use high st, church st etc. but would like to be directed to the centre of the town/village. Tried that with the last village I went to & it said i'd reached my destination when I was still 2 mile away (village still not signposted at that point) so I picked a road from the list it offered after selecting the village and it tried to direct me to another village several miles away.

Today I tried to locate a place, again not knowing a street name (Bulmer York) and some of the streets listed had CO postcodes even though I had selected Bulmer York with a YO postcode. It won't allow you to continue unless you pick a street.

It would have been better if it directed you to the centrepoint of the place selected.
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you use 'City Centre' for that (on the second page of preferences when you select 'Navigate To', near the postcode option)? If you navigate to City Centre, it doesn't just list city centres, it displays towns, villages etc. Basically anything that normally comes before entering a road name when you enter an address. Then it'll take you to the centre of that place.

It still may not get it exactly right, but it'll probably be more accurate than using postcodes. Works quite well too when you travel a route 'via' a city centre. It takes you in the vicinity of that town/village/city etc. during your route, without actually taking you through it (usually!)
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voice_of_reason wrote:
Can't you use 'City Centre' for that (on the second page of preferences when you select 'Navigate To', near the postcode option)?

Ah but that's to easy isn't it?

Actually I totally missed that option (write 100 lines 'I must take more notice of the menus'), thanks for pointing it out. Wished I'd known about it before.

I won't miss a centre of post code option as if I going to a particular part of a larger town or city I will either know the postcode or street name, if I'm going to the city/town centre then 'City Centre' option is enough as once I get there I would be lookin for a car park (nav to POI or just drive around till I find one).

Thanks again.

Norman
uk89camaro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voice_of_reason wrote:

Didn't even think to try "done". Seems to work. Ta.
uk89camaro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LiveLifeGoJump]

Today I tried to locate a place, again not knowing a street name (Bulmer York) and some of the streets listed had CO postcodes even though I had selected Bulmer York with a YO postcode. It won't allow you to continue unless you pick a street.

It would have been better if it directed you to the centrepoint of the place selected.[/quote]

I normally put in "High Street" in those cases. Haven't come across anywhere without one so far.
mervyncp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Post code download Reply with quote

Has anyone got a copy of this download as it has been removed due to copyright infringements.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Post code download Reply with quote

mervyncp wrote:
Has anyone got a copy of this download as it has been removed due to copyright infringements.

We do not appreciate requests for illegal software on this forum please!
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After uninstalling ukpostcodes a few months ago, I've been left with a ukpostcode.exe shortcut on my Mio 168. I've looked everywhere to see where it is so that I can remove it. Can anyone help? Thanks
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamplight wrote:
After uninstalling ukpostcodes a few months ago, I've been left with a ukpostcode.exe shortcut on my Mio 168. I've looked everywhere to see where it is so that I can remove it. Can anyone help? Thanks

Just didi another search and found the answer elsewhere on this constantly amazing forum. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: