Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 5 hanging on XDAIIi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 5 hanging on XDAIIi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franklyfrank21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 5 hanging on XDAIIi Reply with quote

I have read all of the forums and my XDAii keeps hanging with TomTom 5. Basically I use it for work so it checks for emails via gprs every 5 minutes which is when it hangs. I have tried various thing suggested in the forum all of which have the same problem including the new version 5.10. The one thing I am trying to do is to use the profiles option to turnoff my phone (and GPRS) and allow bluetooth to be activated, I can connect to my device via bluetooth but when I go into TomTOM it says Flight mode (even though it is not on flight mode, my phone is just turned off) and won't connect to my bluetooth device. Are there any settings in TOMTOM so that it will not think it is in flight mode or any other ideas.
Bluebottle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After installing the 5.1 update I had that problem with my Tomtom GPS reciever. I had to select wired GPS in the TT5 program then when it asks for which comm port do you want to use, there is an option to choose BT com 5 or BT com 6 try one of those, mine works now.

Cheers

Lee
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the XDA range of phones "flight mode" if when the phone part and GPRS are turned off.

Have you turned Bluetooth on via the bluetooth manager?

Have you paired the GPS device and the phone?

Have you set the correct COM port within Navigator for me on my XDAIIi its COM port 6?

If the answer to any of the above is no try that first then get back to us here.

Raymond
franklyfrank21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, seems to now let me connct. It still says flight mode but after a couple of seconds it connects to my Bluetooth device. I will test later on and let you know - hopefully no more hanging. Do you know when they plan on fixing it so that you can have it connecting to Phone/GPRS without it hanging??
jimbo09990
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:
i've already sent them a email saying this upgrade was no good for the likes of the xda2i ..just waiting for their response

I too have an XDA IIi running TTN5 with no problems (apart from the normal bugs!!!). Maybe you nned to look at the SD card as suggested.

James
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've already sent them a email saying this upgrade was no good for the likes of the xda2i ..just waiting for their response
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi andy,
I must cut in on this tpoic and say that i have an xda2i with tt5 + update and it works superbly i have clocked over two thousand miles over the past month going up and down the country without a single glitch in the tt5 (apart from the still slightly out of date maps)
i have noticed though that you are using a sandisk sd card which is probably the cause of your problems i had a sandisk 1gb card in my xda2i when i first bought it i have now got a kingston elite 1gb card for my machine after reading several topics on problem sd cards! but i must say again i have no faults whatso ever now especially since using the kingston card...
i know its a further cost but it might be worth investing in another card
Bluebottle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried the iMate ROM which is an upgrade from the XDA2i ROM? Does this iMate ROM fix the TT5 Traffic and GPRS freeze?

Cheers

Lee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: