Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrade my Ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade my Ipaq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shrubies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Upgrade my Ipaq Reply with quote

I just wanted to find out if it would be worth upgrading my Ipaq 3760 to a 3970 to run TTN5.

Many thanks
doctomahawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run mine on a 3975 and it works very well. The 3975 has the 400 MHz Intel X-Scale processor and the 3760 a 206MHz StrongArm Processor To me a faster architecture/speed processor is always better. Of course If it works well with the 3760 why upgrade? You can always load it on the 3760 and see how it works. If you are not satisfied you can re-load it on your upgraded PPC later. TomTom allows you to activate it again on another device after a certain period of time.
shrubies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Upgrade my Ipaq Reply with quote

doctomahawk

Thanks for the reply, one of the thing i was after was the BT for the traffic. Also i currently have it running on my 3760, but some time fine it a bit slow recalculation the route when making a wrong turn, and so maybe missing the next turn if it is quite close. How do you fine it at recalculating routes?

Shrubies.
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run TTNAV 5 on my iPAQ 3970 and it works fine, in fact it seems as quick and certainly more reliable than some colleagues who have 2210's.

As well as being cheap now they're no longer in production, the speaker is on the front which means the sound levels and quality are ideal for the car.

I'm still running PocketPC 2002 on mine, works fine though if I forget to quit TTNAV before switching the iPAQ off I get an event error when I switch back on. There's a utility to delete the event errors though not essential as TTNAV still runs fine.
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention I'm using an Emtac Bluetooth GPS receiver - works fine when setup as a cabled GPS modem in TTNAV - I believe a common fix for non-TomTom receivers.
doctomahawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the TomTom BLuetooth receiver based on the SiRFStar IIe/LP chipset with the 3975. I have also run it on an Ipaq 3870 without any problems. It has always updated fine for me but we don't have any roundabouts like those in Europe. I can see where a quick recalculation might be a problem with either one of these where a quick recalculation might be needed. Any time I have gone off route and needed TomTom to re-calculate it has been fast enough for my situation but situations are different by location and type of roads.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: