Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anglefire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630 Reply with quote

Interesting review. Though still not sure if it is better than the Streetpilot or not!

And most places are offering a 128M card included in the price.

Mark

Website

The answer is 42. Now what is the question?
TonyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Navman iCN630 Reply with quote

Sparks/Mark/Angelfire,

With regard map loading times using SD card.

I have a 256MB card fully loaded in the machine, and find no problem in load times.

All you have to do via 'Settings/maps' is to de-select the maps you do not require which allows the SD card to be left in the machine. You can select/de-select any maps which makes initial loading a lot faster.
sparks
Occasional Visitor

TonyH,

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that. I didn't realize you could do that. I don't recall seeing anything in the user manual about that.

Thanks.

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

JDude,

What I do do is to have my local map segment loaded into the main memory and the additional maps I occasionally require loaded on the SD Card. When travelling locally I just remove the SD card. When I need to go further afield I plug in the SD card.

Also you will find that the round rocker button will change the info displayed in map mode.
jDude
Occasional Visitor

MikeB

I kept my SD in the SD slot, I only load the local map which is in the main memory.

You can change the display while in route, but in map mode, it doesn't change it. It moves the pointer. Unless your software can do that. Maybe they will include that in the next release.

I will just wait for the next update. Besides, it's kind of fun making wrong turns and get confused and lost using it ..

tasdisr
Occasional Visitor

TonyH,

My problem with loading maps to SD cards was when I used a USB card reader. I would get an error message that my software was not authenticated. I did receive a reply from Navman tech support. I was told that the ICN-630 must be connected to my computer along with my card reader if I wanted to load the maps via the card reader.

It is a little bit of a pain, but the the maps download much quicker to the card reader.

Thanks

tasdisr
anglefire
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Has anyone turned on the track route option yet? What does it do? And how do you access the information that it produces?

Mark
Darren
Frequent Visitor

For any iCN630 users looking for an alternative mounting solution, Brodit now have a compatible bracket that works together with their ProClip system. Part No: 213071.

tasdisr
Occasional Visitor

I just received my Brodit Pro Clip for the ICN -630.

It seems to work well. The mount does tilt for better access.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

The new mount looks much better!!!
ledermann
Occasional Visitor

ICN630, HAve CD USA, Looking desesperatly for CD Europe.

Does anyone can help me as I am leaving for 3 weeks holidays and trip very soon.

Regards.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

It's not just the CD you need, you will also need the correct activation keys as I think you'll find the US keys won't work with the European CD's. Talk to Navman USA, they should be able to offer some advice.
kevalino
Occasional Visitor

Excellent review - agree with points about it being batteryless and also the small memory. I have been using mine for 5 days now (UK) & have tried & failed to lose my way! The back-on-track is remarkable. I also read (I think in the book) that the maximum memory card is 256mb. I bought mine from DABS without the SD card offer & am still waiting for them to send me a 256mb card.

Has anyone in the UK heard of Tatton Park? 'cos I can't find it on the iCN.

Another question - has anyone tried it on the new Mondeo with heated front screen? My mate wants one & wants to know if he needs a re-radiating aerial. If he does - what does he have to buy & are they easy to fit/use?
anglefire
Regular Visitor

Tatton Park is Just north of Knutsford in Cheshire on the Ashley Road.

Mark
kevmac YTY
Regular Visitor

Can anyone show me a site in Europe that has the ProClip system. Part No: 213071. actually listed (web address for actual clip please) along with a mount for a Subaru Forester - American sites have only got mounts for left hand drive cars

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: