Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 upgrade decision time
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 upgrade decision time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baldlygo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: TT5 upgrade decision time Reply with quote

My TT5 upgrade has arrived and I am not sure whether to risk using it.
My only reason for ordering it was to get the GB map updated - not that I have had any real problems with the TT3 map (well I know about the M6 Toll anyway ;)).

The way that ukpostcode works in TT3 is great and I would like to continue to work with that.

I also like to run MM2004 and can anyone tell me if TT5 is likely to give me grief again?

2 do or not 2 do - that is the question - althought some might say wait for some fixes.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"from people in the know" I looks like there will be an update for ttn5 should be out later this week.

If you are at all nervous then wait for that.

I think there are answers for the other question in this forum. I don't think the 1.2 driver (ttn 5 has a new driver no.) grabs the com port but I could be wrong.

I drive approx 500 to 1000 miles a week and haven't had too many problems - it works reliably but isn't better than ttn3 - different (and in some respcets a step backwards) but not better.

Ian
widu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing what I do now, I wouldn't upgrade again. This upcoming fix better sort things out!
Baldlygo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iancjc wrote:

I drive approx 500 to 1000 miles a week and haven't had too many problems - it works reliably but isn't better than ttn3 - different (and in some respcets a step backwards) but not better.
Ian

Not Better! - Crying or Very sad Not even the maps?

Thanks for the advice - looks as if I had better wait to see how the fixes go down with people.
hogbreath
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldlygo,

Can only echo your sentiments about tt5, we could be forgiven for thinking tt have some what forgotten their roots in the pda market and now expect us to be happy with a “go” platform.

Personally I really did not want to be learning another software package again, tt3 just needed some tweaks to make it a killer app. Instead you get a re-invention of the wheel that in most cases has not improved tt. I thought the whole idea was to setup the app, and then just have a limited number of screens, why then have more screens/icons been added to distract the driver?

And yes, ukpostcode really does work well, I often get caught walking between sites at work with a courier wanting to find an address, the speed of firing up and entering a postcode would leaves tt5 smarting.

Pete
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: TT5 upgrade decision time Reply with quote

I too use MM2004. Since installing TT5 all still works. I've had MM2004 for a while but I recall I might have had problems with the old TT GPS driver. But new TT5 was not a problem.

Hope my experience helps.
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had tt3 and just added the new map which came with my ttgo very good combination but Crying or Very sad no fastest shortest etc why use the ring road around birmingham to get to the other side ???lets have the choice shortest fastest then tt5 wow :o :o teething problems well....my money is with the new Laughing Laughing
old houses come down in with the new Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: