Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 5 upgrade on T3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 5 upgrade on T3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
o_ptic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 5 upgrade on T3 Reply with quote

Hi All,

Not that I had much hair to start but I am pulling it out in fustration!
Im slowly either going mad or will need a new PDA when my T3 exits the window trying to instal the Tomtom 5 upgrade from 4.40, can anybody help???

I have a Palm T3 which happily runs TT 4.40 (that Ive upgraded over time from my original SD card with 4.10) and have the 6 pack of upgrade discs from Tomtom.

Ive left the files from V4.40 on the card (as 5.00 is an upgrade) and tried to hotsync. After absolutely ages, the hotsink finishes the x/127mb of install and then crashes (my XP pc shows the Hotsync as "Not responding").

Not too dishartened I then reinstalled my SD card back to 4.40 and tried to upgrade to TT5 using the advance method and having everything install using my SD card reader. Ha, success the file transfer completes but put the card back into my T3 and 4.40 is still running???

When I look at the directory structure TT5 installs a folder "Great_Britain_Plus-Map" folder (inc contents) and a "Zip" folder (inc contents) but nothing else.
My TT 4.40 contains folders named "Audio", "DCIM", "PALM", "TomTom" and "TomTom Great_Britain Map".

Im only installing from Disc 1, do I need to install something from one of the other discs first?

Ive read all the posts in this forum but non seem to help in answering whether to install 5.00 from scratch, upgrade over 4.40 or how to get this really annoying this to work can anybody help?

Cheers

Steve
seven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of upgrading my "TT version 4.4" to version '5' on my Palm T3.
Seeing all the problems you have had and with no replies to your questions, I don't think I'll bother.

Best of luck,
seven
Gooddoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded my t3 to Navigator 5 and highly recommend it. Many mproved features compared to 4. o_ptic, if I were you I would uninstall version 4 and all old maps from card. Before deleting old maps you can copy your favorites and custom POI's from each individual map folder so you have them for your new maps. Format the SD card on your T3 and install the Navigator 5 software to the SD card using the advanced method on the install cd. Then install the maps to the SD card. After maps are installed start navigator 5 on T3 and go to www.ttcode.com to activate maps. Be sure to install the Navigator 5 program to the SD card after formatting since the voices do not seem to work unless program installed to the SD card with maps (because this is the default install location for the voices I think).

Good Luck,

Mark
o_ptic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, ive sorted it!

Did a hard format of the palm, installed the T3 update for SD card, formatted the SD card (Sandisk 512mb) in a card reader for speed and then formatted (as prompted) in the palm.
Installed the application from the CD and then transferred the SD card back to the card reader to install the map (I would advise this anyway for speed!)
Hey presto its done!

If anyone wants any help just post a reply or mail me at o_ptic@hotmail.com and having been through everything possible I may have a suggestion?

I would 100% advise anyone to upgrade, although TT have still messed up on a few roads in the Midlands area but it is much smoother, controls my bluetooth far quicker and the postcode feature is something that I could not live without now!

Thanks for the replies all, Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: