Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP 4150 + Nokia 6820 + O2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP 4150 + Nokia 6820 + O2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: HP 4150 + Nokia 6820 + O2 Reply with quote

I have been having some problem connecting to the gprs service to use traffic.

Gprs is enabled and workng when I use my phone.

I am unsure what I need to do at the 4150 end.

Can someone assist in the setup of the 4150 ?

Regards

Billy
bsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI

I have added all the bluetooth services that the ipq can see on the phone.
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To connect via your 4150 to O2 and Traffic you will need to do the following:-

Mobile Web Bluetooth Settings
Pairing the devices

Tap on the Bluetooth manager icon and make sure the Bluetooth radio is turned on Now Tap on the Bluetooth manager icon again then tap on the Bluetooth manager option make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on the handset On the iPAQ tap on Tools->paired devices Click on Add then click on the search Icon which looks like a magnifying glass on paper located to the right of the Device field Tap on Your handset name and enter any passkey then press OK Press Accept or Yes on the handset and then enter the passkey which you entered into the iPAQ on the handset You should now see your handset ID displaye on the iPAQ screen, press OK

Tap on New->Connect select Connect to the internet option and press Next

Select Connect via a dial-up device such as a cellular phone then press Next Tap on where it says "Tap here to choose a device" and select your handset name Leave create a shortcut for this connection Ticked and then click Finished Tap on New Connection... and enter the following: - Connection Name: O2 Mobile Web Bluetooth Country Code: Leave blank Area Code: Leave blank Phone Number: *99# for Nokia handsets OR *99***CID NUMBER# for Sony Ericsson handsets then press OK
Username: web
Password: password tap on save password and press OK It will now try and connect tap on Settings on the connection window Select manage existing connections Select O2 Mobile Web Bluetooth and press Edit Tap on Next 2 times then tap on Advanced Remove the Tick from Wait for dial tone before dialing Enter +cgdcont=1,"ip","mobile.o2.co.uk" in the Extra dial-string commands
NOTE: this doesn't appear to work with some newer handsets (eg Sony Ericsson S700i or T630) and the following should be tried;
- For Nokia handsets enter only &f in the Extra dial-string field
- For Sony Ericcson handsets enter only z in the Extra dial-string field
- The APN setting of mobile.o2.co.uk must be in the handset Tap on TCP/IP and remove the Ticks from use software compression & Use IP header compression Tap on Servers and then tap on Use specific server address and enter the
following: -
DNS: 193.113.200.200
Alt DNS: 193.113.200.201 then press OK then Finish Press OK until you get back to the today screen You should now be ready to connect

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: