Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5: How long did it take to arrive?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5: How long did it take to arrive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Consultant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: TTN5: How long did it take to arrive? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm curious as to how long people had to wait for TTN5. I placed my order a couple of weeks ago and the payment authorised and it went to Status: Warehouse within a few hours, and that's where it's remained for the last two weeks and still not shipped.

How long did yours take?

Cheers

T.[/i]
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 days
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
mhpreston
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine within 14 days. Its just taken a few days after that to get it working...
Glen007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine took about 21 days. I had rung up to cancel it as i was not sure if it would work very well.

The women on the end of the phone said that i was not going to believe this in that it had been shipped today and there was no way of stopping it. She also said that a lot of people had been complaining about not having received it yet. Guess demand must be high. In the end with help on here i got it to work when it did arrive so i ended up keeping it.

If you do want to give them a ring the telephone number is:

0845 1610009

But to be honest if they have your order it will eventually arrive. I think on the website they do actually say allow 4 to 5 weeks for delivery.
COMPACT FLASH VIKING INTERWORKS 512MB
Consultant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh,

I've been upgrading for a while now, and it seems that every single year, TomTom are astonished that people want to buy their product.

You'd have thought that like other software companies, if they were releasing a new version, and based on past response to their product and sales, knew it would be popular, they might have hired some extra temporary staff to fill orders, or spend a few weeks pre packing common orders (single copy of TTN5 Upgrade, must make up a significant amount of sales) so that a stack can just be shipped quickly.

Just my unsolicited opinion.

T.
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week after I ordered mine, I sent a question through their site asking when my order would be dispactched,

It was then sent that day and the message I got back said it had already been dispatched,

I'd guessed that contacting them may have made them rush it through a bit quicker?

I tried that on the mobile version I ordered, but it didn't work, Sad

1 week will be tomorrow, hope it's sent soon,

Carl,
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My upgrade took eight days to arrive. It took me a further few days to get it loaded onto my PDA correctly.
RichXDA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered my upgrade the day after it was released and it took 8 days to arrive, which I think is pretty good considering the demand on release.

The software loaded onto my XDA2 without a hitch and the navigation works perfectly. Compared to version 3 the upgrade seems alot slicker and alot easier to use in my opinion!

With regards to people complaining about it, I can't really understand. At the end of the day, TT are a business and the fact that they have brought all their platforms into line (ie GO, mobile etc) makes sense from this point of view.

Effectively the upgrade has cost about 40 quid for which I gained mapping of the whole of Western Europe, seems like a pretty good deal to me!
Consultant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

You won't hear complaints from me about the value for money. I'm very pleased with the software (TTN3) so far (once it's working), and am looking forward to the upgrade arriving. I even subscribe to the traffic (shame TT couldn't affiliate with someone like TrafficMaster though).

One thing I'm a little concerned about, is within the new plus services are the POI and Camera details. They want everyone to submit updates to the DB, and want to sell it on for 60 euros. If I make the same contribution to the Pocket GPS guys, I can have the Camera DB for the princely sum of my bandwidth.

I'm not sure how successful they'll be with that...

Cheers

T.
Consultant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the customer support number earlier, alas it would seem that there is only a recorded message, telling you that they're too busy for your call and then disconnects you.

I guess I'll just have to wait.

T.
Cujo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered 1/6/05, despatched 9/6/05 and received 11/6/05.

Haven't had a chance to use it in anger yet, other than a few test runs. So, when I go travelling next week, i'll take my backup PDA with tt3 - just in case it all goes pear shaped 8O
MarkRD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine nearly 4 weeks ago on 3 june. Money taken from my credit card 8 days ago. No sign of a delivery yet, or that it has left the Netherlands. Seems like I've had the poorest service of anyone. An email is going off tonight.

Mark
KeyboardDemon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order date 13th June, despatched on 24th June and arrived on 28th June, so not as bad as some ppl experienced.

Interestingly though when I tried to order my upgrade from TTN5 it said my TTN3's activation code had not been activated even though it was running fine on my XDA IIs and had been running ok on my HP Jornada before I upgraded to the XDA IIs. This meant I had to re-install TTN3 just so I could complete the activation.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: