Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon Be Warned - No Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon Be Warned - No Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Navigon Be Warned - No Help Reply with quote

I have used Navigon 4 for over a year and took the plunge to stay with them when the new version 5 came out, I had looked at changing to TomTom, but reading the many negative posts about TomTom 5 I stayed loyal to Navigon.

I needed to replace my PDA as I had broken it and it would cost 2/3 of the cost of a new one for repair, so I bought a new one, having done this I then found that I could not activate Navigon 5 as I had originally registered my old PDA, I contacted Navigon via the Customer Help line, at the time I did not know it cost £1.50 per min, the lady I spoke to took all of the required information and said that they would email the activation code the following day and that I would then be able to use the new PDA, NO email arrived on the following day, so phoned again, spoke to a man who said that he had the details and was sorry that I had not got the email, he would make sure that it arrived asap, next day no email, and so far this has cost me £28.50 to them on the phone, so be warned, Navigon do not care about it's customers at all, and this from there web site:

Quote:
We are there to support you. We want you to be completely satisfied with our products. And we understand that excellent service is essential for your satisfaction.

It does not tell you how much this Customer phone line costs on there web site and they do not tell you when you ring it.
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day and still no contact from them.
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Thursday afternoon (yesterday) I used the form-mail on Navigons own web site to repeat my contact information and details, I have complied with all information they asked from me (and in all previous communications) but still NO reply from this company.

Has anybody had contact via email from this company and how quickly did you receive a reply from them ?

Regards

Navigotmee
kpiontek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the US version of Navigon 4.2 (OCN4) on an old iPaq and it was just way too slow. I also have a Dell Axim X30 and wanted to transfer the license from the iPaq to the Axim. Contacted customer service via email and they replied the next day. Had to fax them my purchase info for the Axim and then it took another 4 days before I received the new activation key. It takes unfortunately time, I wish the system would have a server with instant access. Be patient.

Klaus
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's now 1 week since I first contacted Navigon by phone, and again last Tuesday, so 2 phone calls, 3 email's over the following days to them and still no reply with the activation code that is required for the new PDA I purchased, I don't understand why they will not reply to me, I have complied with all the information they asked for.

I have spent hundreds of pounds with this company (Navigon v4 with all the maps + v5), yet when you ask for some help they will not even reply.

Regards

Navigotmee
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day and still no contact from Navigon.

I am not sure if any body from Navigon reads the PocketGPS World forum, but if they do (and I would think so) can you please reply to the post here with some useful information as to how to get my or any other user with this issue some help please.

Regards

Navigotmee
ps73uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your problems.

It really does annoy me this sort of thing, companies like this that offer such a bad service then sit there and wonder why people go and download the cracks/patches. Rolling Eyes

I do like Navigon 4, but to be honest from reading your comments i dont think i will be upgrading anytime soon, this company really dont seem to care about it's customers. Sad
Paul
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no reply from Navigon.

I read on another forum that they are having to sack (make redundant) many staff due to their very poor sales of the new version 5, so the Customer Support team are only a few people now and cannot cope. It also said that if business did not pick up then they may have to file for liquidation as they are in serious financial trouble, and TomTom are out selling them 10 to 1.

Regards

Navigotmee
MXR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Navigon "reply" Reply with quote

I concur on the phone help, but they answer their email quickly,

I called the Italian Nr. yesterday and it kept me on hold for 10 min. with an English message telling me their customers are important to them.

I subsequently called the UK nr. and spent 2 min on hold with no reply, so I got fed up and wrote.

I sent an email to: support.uk@navigon.com with a request for clarification of sale of Medion Products with old maps and they replied this morning telling me:

thank you for your request.

At the moment there is no MN5 Update for PNA's available. Please keep yourself up-to-date by visiting our website www.navigon.com or calling us at 0905 848 07 01. We hope to have our new products in the shops as soon as possible.

They really must have few people there.
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used that email address last week twice, as stated before I gave them all the information asked for, I really do not know why they will not reply.

I will wait just a few more days then buy a version of TomTom and write this off, several hundred pounds of useless software for no good reason, over the next week or so I shall write to different publications to report my findings with Navigon, they may or may not publish it, but people who have paid good money for a product should a least get some sort of help from that company.

I will still post to this forum with any further information.

Regards

Navigotmee
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regards

Navigotmee
MXR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Still nothing? Reply with quote

Are you sure you haven't placed weird filters in your incoming email? They replied, albeit with almost a form letter, very quickly, but without any really helpful advice.

I just wrote to them again asking for help with the PNA100 Crash, see my postings, we'll see what they answer. I'll keep the Forum posted.
MXR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: OOps - Navigon Medion Reply with quote

I just wrote to Medion, not Navigon.

Just a little difference to probably emails that go to the same help desk.
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a well respected web site here at Pocket GPS World, do any of your staff have any contact with Navigon that may be able to help me.

It would not be so bad if they would just say that they will not re-activate the software, but to have no reply from them is very poor service, I have complied with all the info they asked for, and the lady I spoke to on the telephone said that they would email the new code, that was two weeks ago today.

Regards

Navigotmee
Navigotmee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more telephone calls to Navigon today and I now have my activation code and it works Laughing , they said that they had never had my previous emails (7 in total including another today).

Still works slow even on a new Mio 168 with no other programs loaded apart from the poi warn program.

Still my feelings about Navigon are Stop!

Regards

Navigotmee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: