Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigate via M6 Toll?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigate via M6 Toll?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
electricdemon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Navigate via M6 Toll? Reply with quote

Right, I set out today to navigate from Liverpool to a postcode in Coventry, oddly, TomTom 5 refused to send me via the M6 Toll road. I have set it up so that it should prompt me when a route is via a toll road, but it didnt prompt me, and tried to send me via the M6/M5 way. Luckily I gave myself enough time over the last few days to try and work out how to force it to go via th M6 Toll road.

I found a few POIs on POI edit, from this site's XML feeds, but even after navigating via the POIs, it gives me a warning about the Toll road, but it doesn't make any difference if I choose yes or no: it tries to send me off at the nearest junction on the M6 Toll.

I've emailled TomTom, but I was wondering if anone has had the pleasure of getting TT5 to work with the toll road? It is definitely on the map, but I cant get the damn thing to navigate via it successfully.

I've used the road numerous times already, so I know how to get to it, but it would be nice to be able to set up the route on TT5 before I leave, rather than pull over at a service station after the M6 in order to set the route for the remainder of the journey.

Does anyone have any ideas? What 'reliable' and successful methods do you have for navigating along the M6 Toll?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason it sends you down the 'old' M6 is because it is shorter than the M6 Toll.

You can either just start driving down the M6 Toll and wait for it to recalculate, or you could set up a Navigate Alternative / Travel Via ... and use a point on the M6 Toll.

Just make sure you use the correct carriageway and don't use the same point on the way back!!

Ther is a Motorway Junction POI within a download of POI's here.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To take advantage of the M6 Toll I use the Itinerary. I have one waypoint at the beginning of the Toll and one at the end. The remainder of my journey is also planned in the Itinerary. The Itinerary is saved and can be altered if I wish. It works perfectly.
electricdemon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much for the replies. I'll try the Itinerary method.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: