Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with www.easydevices.co.uk refund
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with www.easydevices.co.uk refund

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris123
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Problem with www.easydevices.co.uk refund Reply with quote

I ordered a Mio 168 with TomTom5 from Easy Devices back at the beginning of May. The TomTom 5 was (obviously) a pre order.

My credit card was charged for the Mio and the TomTom software at the time of order, which I was happy with. However the date for TomTom 5 availability has slipped repeatedly. Obviously this is entirely down to TomTom and not EasyDevices, however I decided last friday that I was not prepared to wait for it any longer and asked to cancel the TomTom software and have the cost of it refunded to my credit card (I have bought Mapopolis online instead).

Unfortunately I have since had no response from my e-mails to EasyDevices - not even an acknowledgement, so obviously I am more than a little concerned.

Am I being unreasonable expecting them to respond so quickly, and if not, what should be my next step? Should I involve my credit card company? I do not want to stir up any trouble but am concerned that they will ignore my wishes and send me the software regardless.

Cheers,

Chris
PocketGPS speed camera database
ThGrim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I recently placed an order with Easydevices the following day I received an email saying my CC had been declined, I called there office and their customer services were very helpful and I had the item the following day.

A month or 2 earlier a friend purchased a Globalsat Bluetooth GPS receiver from Easydevices, the item did not work, i spent hours trying to get it working (proof of which can be found by the many posts i put on here). My M8 wanted to sent the device back but easydevices took weeks to email him a returns number and said there would charge him £10.00 to check the device to prove it was faulty.

He sent it back, suddenly a full refund appear on his CC with no further communication with easydevices.

It seems to me that they want you order and will be very very accommodating until they have received your hard earnt, then, a different matter (like getting blood out of a stone). I had no option to purchase from them as they were the only company with the product I wanted. I was also luck the item worked ok.

You have been warned, you will probably get a refund, but you will have to fight tooth and nail for it.

Matt
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a retailer starts to give you trouble, threaten to get your credit card issuer involved, that normally makes them buck up their ideas.

Card issuers don't like to have to chase retailers around over petty disputes and if a retailer gets too many people complaining to the card issuer then the card issuers come down on the retailer hard.
chris123
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses.

Just got home to find an e-mail apology and a refund, so I am happy everything is now sorted

Chris
PocketGPS speed camera database
EasyD2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris123,
Sorry to hear that your experience with us was anything other than 100%. You will see from these forums that our company have a fantastic reputation for Customer Service and in general we have very positive responses from our customers.

Glad to see your refund has now been sorted.

Tel: 0871 7000 156
Globalsat UK Distributor
chris123
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sean,

Thanks for responding. My decision to use EasyDevices was based in a large part on the positive opinions expressed here, but I accept that occasionally things don't go as well as perhaps they should.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: