Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion 95900 Getting speed camera's activeted...Mine won't!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion 95900 Getting speed camera's activeted...Mine won't!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Medion 95900 Getting speed camera's activeted...Mine won't!! Reply with quote

I have gone though all the instructions from this site to get the speed camera's to work, I appear to have hit a snag.

I have done all the settings for the software and they look to be right....I think...but I am left at the Start monitoring screen, now when I click on that option all I get is the hour glass going round and round, it doesn't stop...is this right or have I got something wrong, so far I have not seen any camera's when I have been going past them on the road.

Is there more to setting up this software????
GPS_RoadHog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this problem and the only way i found around it was to perform a hard reset and start again.

Once the medion is set up to as it was when it was first bought (should take about 5 mins) connect it up to your pc and install poi warner and enter the regisatration code when prompted. This will install fine without the necessity of hacking into the operating system.

Then install the speed camera database to the poi directory which will be located somewhere within the poi warner folder.

Now when you start medion navigator from the startup screen, a small green box will appear in bottom left hand corner of the screen. When you click this, a menu will pop up and there is an option to configure poi warner. Hit this and the poi warner screen will pop up for you to do the necessary. Once finished, hit start monitoring and you will switch back to navigator.

I have found that this is much more stable than hacking the os. My system is run for over 8 hours constantly a day without any problem!

Any probs, please feel free to drop me a message and i will be happy to help, if i can!
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks gps_roadhog I can do with the help hi.

At the moment I have hacked the system, installed Pio handling and the speed camera software from off here.

Can you point me in the right direction as to setting everything back to the start please, then what I have to do to get it all back up and running again.

I have not been able to get my Active sync to work so if that's needed it could be a bit tricky, tried backing up but it wont let me do it.

It sounds a bit easier what you are saying so I would like to give that a try!!!.

Sorry for all the bother, but it's frustrating not having it working right.

Cheers.
GPS_RoadHog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and break it down bit by bit! Anything your not sure of, get back to me!

1. Perform a hard reset - switch the tiny switch on the back of the unit to off, leave for 30 seconds then switch back on. If the memory card is still in, the unit will reinstall itself as if it has just been bought from the shop, assuming you have not deleted anything from the memory card.

2. Once reinstalled, you should eventually end up with the familiar medion front end screen with the three program options.

3. Connect the medion to your pc via the usb cable and run the poi warner install software. This should install poi warner on the handheld and once installed you will asked for the registration code. Input this to complete installation of poi warner.

4. Convert the pocket gps database to ascii format (i assume you have already done this) and using active sync, transfer it to the handheld. In active sync, set up as a guest and click on explore. Then just cut and paste the relevant files into the relevant folders (Programs > POIWarner > poi - i think!)

5. Disconnect and launch medion navigator on your handheld, this time you should see a little green box in the bottom left hand corner.

6. Click on the little green box (if this is red, poi warner registration has not been done), a pop-up menu appears, click launch poi warner.

7. Configure poi warner as per other instructions on this site. Once completed click start monitoring and hey presto, job done!

Sounds easy, but if you have any more probs, please do not hesitate to ask - see my pm to you! Good luck!
chippy436
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi gps roadhog,

stuck on step 4 and onwards... have completed step 3 Smile

my pna is connected to the pc, i have installed poi-warner and it states it is registered, but i have a red square and no poi, where do i go from now please..

regards

Paul
chippy436
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost there now, phew its a lot to do!
chippy436
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D

think i've done it, put all the speed cameras items from poihandler onto the pna from aldi and can see the green square.....

not sure if it makes any sounds when i go near a speed camera, will check this later..

right my heads is hurting so its a cup of tea time.. Wink
chippy436
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, it works, :D

with sound and everything, chuffed to bits..

thanks all

Paul
gwynro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks to all for the interesting notes about the Medion 995900
I also wanted to add on the safety software but i have missed the Address given to access POI Warner can somebody be kind enough to oblige Thanks
Clwyn
gwynro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwynro wrote:
many thanks to all for the interesting notes about the Medion 995900
I also wanted to add on the safety software but i have missed the Address given to access POI Warner can somebody be kind enough to oblige Thanks
Clwyn
chippy436
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope you mean this one :

http://www.navigating.de/Medion4_en/POI/Index.htm

good luck, it took me around 50 mins, but i am a computer biff Embarassed
gwynro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: medion 95900 Reply with quote

Thanks Chippy, I'll crack on witth it and let you know
Clwyn
SpacedMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: POI Warner for Medion Navigator 4.xx Reply with quote

HI,

Does anyone know if POI-Warner for Medion Navigator 4.xx works with maps for any country? or does it only work in UK?

Also, do I need my PNA200 to be acuallty running Navigator while I install POI-Warner? or should I quite back to the 3 icons (Settings, Navigation, MP3 player) and then run the setup program.
GPS_RoadHog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should work for any country. As for installation, install from main startup screen to be on the safe side!
SpacedMan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers RoadHog.
I'll give it a go.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: