Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: Battery Extender
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: Battery Extender
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarnOwl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Battery Extender Reply with quote

When I try to order one of these battery holders from the website, I get an error code.

Is there any other way to purchase this item?

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: Battery Extender Reply with quote

When charging the orange led is on. When fully charged it goes out.

Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

... and does one of its three LEDs show when it is fully charged?

Thanks, Mike
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

You certainly can charge the Emtac whilst it is on. As with the iPaq you need to be careful and stop charging when the unit is fully charged, otherwise you could drain the battery.

Otherwise it will work extreemly well. What I tend to do is take two sets of freshly charged batteries and then top up the charge when I am stopped for a break.

Having said that my Emtac lasts for a good 7-8 hours on a full charge, which is more than my legs do nowadays. I therefore tend to use the battery extender on the iPaq which has less staying power.
Peter Kessler
Regular Visitor

Dave, I'm trying to figure out if the battery extender could recharge an Emtac BT GPS while the Emtac is switched on. Do you know the answer? Your review suggests that it recharged your Ipaq+Navman while you were playing golf with the unit switched on.

Many thanks as ever
bengt
Occasional Visitor

Bought batterybox over internet april25 2003 confirmed and shipped from HongKong within 24hours - delivered by mail april 30 2003 - 5days excellent! Device seems Ok to my IOAQ3870 . 4 rechargeable batteries each 1800mA are supposed to hold two full charges of IPOAq-under test
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately not. The Battery extender needs to plug into the same bottom sync/serial port that the Leadtek receiver would plug into, so if you used this battery extender, then you wouldn't be able to use the Leadtek.

The best bet if you wanted to go this route would be to use the one or two battery kits PeterB created in the Aeroplane article.

I suppose there's nothing stopping you taking the power plug off the end of the PC-Mobile one and putting it into a cigarette socket, but it would only power the receiver and not charge the iPAQ at the same time due to 6v where 12v would be required.
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

Dave, you have previously advised us in another forum that the Leadtek 9531 (supplied as part of the TomTom Navigator for iPaq 3970 package) can be powered by a battery box plus fittings from Maplin. Would the "battery extender" from pc-mobile.net do the same job? If so, it might suit us better, since we are not at all experienced with a soldering iron!

If the answer is yes, which of the many battery extenders shown on the pc-mobile site should we buy?

Grovellingly grateful, as ever!

Buffy :O)
Bluecan
Occasional Visitor

Purchased 2 battery boxes (1 for Compaq 3970 the other for Compaq 3760).

The Compaq 3760 is to be used with my Bluetooth GPS receiver.

Ordered Monday at about 3.30pm, delivered Wednesday having been posted from their facility in the UK.

Tested them with both units and they work perfectly

Delighted

Alan Paul
Dave
Frequent Visitor

That's good to hear!
BarnOwl
Occasional Visitor

Neither do I, Dave.......but I solved the problem, it was a scripting matter originating from their ccnow.com paysite.

For everybody that shares the same experinence:

1: In IE 6: tools-options-security add ccnow.com to your trusted sites with require site server verification disabled.

2: I had to disable scripts in Norton Internet Security.

3: I had to disable my proxy server.

Finally I ordered the item.

Thanks guys for your interest.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

BarnOwl, what browser are you running ? I've just tried IE6 and get there no problem. It could be your browser, or maybe your ISP is having DNS problems getting to sites in particular countries.

Can you get to their website, but just not add anything to your basket. I haven't seen the error you're getting before.
BarnOwl
Occasional Visitor

Well, Mike......

I wrote them an email saying I got a

"Cannot determine the originating Web page address"

And this is the answer they sent:

it must be problem with your browser/network/ISP.

Clear your browser cache

disable proxy

reboot

or use another ISP

and try again.

Please note the minimum order is $11.50 plus postage

This is the first time I have problems ordering from the internet (Ans I do it a lot!)

I even disengaged my complete firewall! But no go.

I wrote them another email and hope to get an answer pretty soon.

I really like this simple gadget and I would really like to test it in the field with my NavMan 3000.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

BarnOwl,

I checked out the site again tonight and was able to get to the payment page using the buy-it link on pagehttp://www.pc-mobile.net/ppcmain.htm with no problem.

You could also contact them using the following details:

PC-MOBILE

ROOM 1612,

INTERNATIONAL TRADE CENTRE,

11 SHA TSUI ROAD,

TSUEN WAN, N.T.,

HONG KONG.

Tel: (852) 2490 5393

Fax: (852) 2498 4655

Dave
Frequent Visitor

Please post any comments you have about the PC-Mobile Battery Extender Review in this message.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: