Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NAVMAN 635 Power Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NAVMAN 635 Power Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevyz71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: NAVMAN 635 Power Problem Reply with quote

Hi, I bought two 635's recently, one for an employee and a second one for myself. The units appear to work fine with one exception, Power. We were using the supplied cigarette lighter adaptors and the unit would lose power when used in the "route" mode. Always when the voice directions were given,never at any other time. I thought it was an issue with the cigarette lighter adaptor cords, so I went through an ac inverter plugged into the same lighter plug. No problems, unit works fine. Employee had same results. I then ordered the optional "hardwire" kits and we installed them directly into the fuse panel, on a separate circuit. The hardwire kit has the same problem as the lighter adaptor. I am now unhappily back on the ac inverter & have not had any other problems. I think the problem is with the dc cords.

My employee insists it's a heat issue with the 635 itself, as he finally rigged the unit directly in front of the ac vent & has not had any problems with the dc cords since.

Email correspondence with the navman customer support has not yielded any results. They keep telling me to return the lighter cord, but again, how is that going to help if "hardwire" has same issue. Are both dc cords bad? Anyone else experience the power issue with these units? Help!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that I've never had this problem, even though I occasionally leave the iCN "cooking" on the dash all day.
djguk47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this exact same problem of loosinnnnnnnnng power after 20 minutes use when I got my 635 in January/February. I had the 635 changed and, touch wood, the replacement has worked OK ever since even after the dashboard cooking similar to Tim.
The problem I do have is if I have left it 'cooking' then the remote control just does not like to work which makes life difficult if you are using it during a hot day and the remote becomes just an expensive pack of buttons
chevyz71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....after returning the included cigarette lighter cord and having a replacement sent which was no help, Navman finally asked me to return the defective unit for replacement. I received the replacement 635 last week and have had no other problems. The unit appears to function correctly irregardless of which power supply I use. (ligter adaptor or hardwire).

Even thought it's been a long & painful process the problem has been resolved. Thanks Navman!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: