Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion PNA200S
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion PNA200S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
booted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Medion PNA200S Reply with quote

Can somebody advise me on how to add to the POI list ,i.e camera database ,on the medion PNA 200s (MD95900) running navigator 4.75 and checkPOInt 3.2.
Is the POI Warner program all I need?
SteadyEddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also looking into this - the only way appears to be by buying POI-Warner (29€), which I am reluctant to do without knowing that it will definately work. Also, I am not sure what POI files work with this software.
Help please?
andymercer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi - i did this this afternoon. buy the warner program and then you have to subscribe to poihandler.com which costs £8

it has worked for me. see my other thread.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 100's of different poi's that POI-Warner can use for FREE, the Safety Camera files from this web site for a start (which include over 6,400 entries), and any other files that can be used on a TomTom in .ov2 format can be converted in seconds to use with POI-Warner.

Click the link to my web site below, if you have already purchased a version of POI-Warner (THAT's correct for your version - and not the one in the link on my web site) then you can skip that section, it will show you how you can use the Safety Camera files from this web site.
booted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased POI warner and loaded all the POIs I required and quite a few more ,the instructions are easy to follow and the program is definetely worth the money. Smile
mgicu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got a medion 95900 (200s). I have done the hack to get the taskbar back, and access the OS. I now want to get the speed camera database on it.
Exactly which version of POI warner do I need? I assume it is the navigon MN4 one, but can someone confirm that to me before I spend €30?
ghibli1957
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the medion pna200 from Aldi last week, and I'm very pleased with it. I e-mailed poi warner to see if it was compatible and they confirmed this (MN4).
I've since installed it and it's working fine. I also subscribed for the poi downloads (approx £8.00 a year)but I did find the speedcam database a bit lacking but ok.
I followed the instructions on this thread and installed poi edit v 3.6 (latest version) and simply converted the ov2 files to ascii format for the uk speedcam database on this site, this was a doddle, and they're working perfectly. One bonus for subscribing to the poi handling is you can download the london congestion charge zone data in ov2 format and convert it to ascii and install it as previously fo the speedcams.

Hope this helps
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghibli1957 wrote:
One bonus for subscribing to the poi handling is you can download the london congestion charge zone data in ov2 format and convert it to ascii and install it as previously fo the speedcams.

The London Congestion files can be found on my web site for FREE, just look on the POI Files page, it includes map icon and sound files.

http://www.amngps4.wanadoo.co.uk/poifil.htm

Would love to see a copy of the file from poihandling.
booted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the speed camera files you subsribed to spilt the cameras into the different speed limits i.e 30mph, 40 mph etc
ghibli1957
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on free congestion charge zones, I'll know where to check in future. Embarassed
I should have made it clearer in my post, the congestion zone info is free on www.poihandler.com you don't have to subscribe for this, but you do have to register which is FREE. You only have to subscribe for the speedcam and speed limit info.
Booted: yes the files do include speed info 30, 40 etc. and mobile 30, 40 etc. but I wouldn't vouch for it's accuracy. I've downloaded the overlays and I've noticed some anomilies already, but this info. does change quite quickly, I should know I'm a Highways engineer.
The info on poi handler does seem to rely a lot on anecdotal data, i.e. you notice something is wrong fill out a form and it's updated the next time you sync. There does seem to be a lot of unverified info.

Hope this helps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: