Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 GPS Driver - What have they done to it???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 GPS Driver - What have they done to it???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I could make it see my Globalsat BT GPS receiver was to select 'other cable NMEA GPS', 4800 baud, and the appropriate COM port. Using 'other Bluetooth' had no effect - it just says 'no GPS device' all the time.
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lutz for that link.
When I upgraded to TT3, I found it stressfull - SD - Cf cards etc
Now I have upgraded to TT5 it is stressfull - GPS problems
Why do I do it - Thank god for this Pocket GPS and the help we all get

Robbins
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
after you select the "other"device you should see a list of ports. on the RIGHT (not left) are up and down arrows (triangles) which you can use to scroll the list. If you don't have them then your machine is seriously screwed - I would still assume by remnants of a 3.x GPS driver.

I think you have hit the nail on the head because i don't have those up and down arrows.
Apart from a hard reset and re-install of all my programmes - any way i can fix it?
I've re-installed TTN5 twice now, I've even trawled the device to remove all remnants that I can find to no avail.
Thanks
donka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHC wrote:
lbendlin wrote:
after you select the "other"device you should see a list of ports. on the RIGHT (not left) are up and down arrows (triangles) which you can use to scroll the list. If you don't have them then your machine is seriously screwed - I would still assume by remnants of a 3.x GPS driver.

I think you have hit the nail on the head because i don't have those up and down arrows.
Apart from a hard reset and re-install of all my programmes - any way i can fix it?
I've re-installed TTN5 twice now, I've even trawled the device to remove all remnants that I can find to no avail.
Thanks

Not sure if this is the problem - I don't have the scroll arrows either as the list of available ports are all displayed on the one screen however I do have BT serial 8 as one of the com ports on offer and this is the correct port for my BT GPS receiver. This is the same one I used with TTN3 successfully however with TTN5 it just refuses to find a GPS receiver regardless of what config I try. I am contemplating a hard reset of my h4150 and making TTN5 the first thing to get installed as a trial.
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well back to the drawing board then!
At the moment I have restored from a backup to the day before I installed TTN 5, I have then uninstalled TTN3 and all remnants of anything tomtom. Will try again to install and see what happens. At this moment I cannot face a hard reset and re-install of all my apps.
donka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHC wrote:
Well back to the drawing board then!
At the moment I have restored from a backup to the day before I installed TTN 5, I have then uninstalled TTN3 and all remnants of anything tomtom. Will try again to install and see what happens. At this moment I cannot face a hard reset and re-install of all my apps.

My apologies as I have just found out that COM port 8 is the wrong one for me, it should have been 6 which is no longer showing up as an option in TTN5 so this may well be the reason why it is not working. I think I will try a hard reset and then see if port 6 is an option after I reinstall TTN5 as the first app.
mixer25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Dongle Wired - Not such good signal on TT5 Reply with quote

myself and a friend who did 100% clean installs (hard reset PDA first) have both found sat signal not as good, when I drive to Cardiff I lose it a couple of times altogether which NEVER happened on TT3...

I guess this must be down to the drivers...

PDA - 4150
GPS - TT Dongle Wired
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I carried out my cunning plan as outlined above but still the same drat!
Don't know where to go next.
Think I will give up and ask TomTom for a refund.
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
The connection actually works fine initially. But when you switch off the PocketPC while TTN5 is running ( for a petrol station break etc ) This is where it gets messy - when you switch the Pocket PC on again it can take very long before it finds the receiver again. Definitely much worse than in TTN3

Having only just got TT% and still 'playing', I beleive I'm right in saying we can no longer program the PDA buttons to control TT. Does this mean to exit you have to go to through the screens to the exit app selection?

Its not a fast way. I much preferred having a button programmed to shut it down, indeed I could kill the sound when the phone went off, switch between daylight/night screens easily, and even go to and select favourites, all without using a stylus - much quicker, and in my view safer for a mobile application.

Ah well progress.
mixer25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the only time you can use a button is to start Navigator off..

The other thing that sucks is you can't move buttons round and the Exit button is on 3rd page which is stupid!

But hey, its better all round than TT3
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it!!
Had old back up file from when upgraded ipaq 4700 ROM and before I put TTN3 back. Wound back to that and hey presto COM 8 was there.
Seems a bit slow to load and find receiver - but it works anyway. Phew.
Thanks to those who offerred advice.
davwil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm getting completely confused.

HX4700 rom 1.10
TTN5 with a tom tom bt 'classic' gps mouse.
When I ran it happly using TTN3 the gps was on com 8, now TTN5 only gives me the option of com 5.

I don't have the correct registry key - i have
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Widcomm\btconfig\autoconnect\0008
and 0011

So what can I do - I've even installed the 2.07 drivers and I still don't get a com 8

Cheers David
jpkeates
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Pretec Reply with quote

The only way I could make it see my Globalsat BT GPS receiver was to select 'other cable NMEA GPS', 4800 baud, and the appropriate COM port. Using 'other Bluetooth' had no effect - it just says 'no GPS device' all the time
Quote:

Same for me with a Pretec BT GPS.
but this method works fine.

You found a fix for me faster than TomTom.
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davwil wrote:
Well I'm getting completely confused.

HX4700 rom 1.10
TTN5 with a tom tom bt 'classic' gps mouse.
When I ran it happly using TTN3 the gps was on com 8, now TTN5 only gives me the option of com 5.

I don't have the correct registry key - i have
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Widcomm\btconfig\autoconnect\0008
and 0011

So what can I do - I've even installed the 2.07 drivers and I still don't get a com 8

Cheers David

I had this exact same problem. It was I think related to the old TTN3 installation. I effectivley had to hard reset and then start from scratch. Magically COM 8 then appeared in the list. I still don't get the grey triangles every one seems to mention but at least its working. Only had it running for 20 mins today so real chance to see if it works properly. I have to sday its takes an age to load though.
Macca26567
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a dell axim I am trying to load ttn5 onto it are they compatable because i have been having loads of trouble it worked fine with ttn3

any help would be great thanks Sad Sad Sad Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: