Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon ( NAVTEQ ) BlueMedia BM- 6300 Sat-Nav 256 mb card.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon ( NAVTEQ ) BlueMedia BM- 6300 Sat-Nav 256 mb card.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Navigon ( NAVTEQ ) BlueMedia BM- 6300 Sat-Nav 256 mb card. Reply with quote

quote="newboy"]Brought Navigon ( NAVTEQ ) BlueMedia BM- 6300 Sat-Nav 256 mb card.
INCLUDES Speed camera alerts, ,mobile,redlight,specs,temporary.
From makros. £270
Its brill! but manual is rubbish 4 pages , found one onweb site 68 pages.
The software help line is based in Germany and cost 25p per min.
The hardware hotline is in uk, Evesham still 25p per min. they said call Germany, They just sell them and do not know about the software.
Looks like no support.

Have loaded the speed camera warnings from the faviorts section.
Done a test run could see camera on the map but it does not have an voice warning , Is this right it does not take to you just shows you the icon.?

Where do I get camera updates from ? is it easy to do?
Do I pay for them?
justin666
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i also have just got the smae unit as yourself, i only got this unit because it had the cameras already loaded into it buts its not up to date, there are camers which are not on it also as you say it dosnt say anything about them when your near them (which defeats the object)

i am trying to return the unit to makro but they want me to contact bluemedia direct - i am thinking of getting the Navman 510 as its the same price and you can load the cameras off here onto it

what do people think? i dont want to spend more then £300

regards

Jud
newboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: [b]Audio POI-Warner for Navigon Bluemedia MDPNA 150 availabl Reply with quote

If we want for a voice alert then we did to do this below, Sound like a lot of bother, I too will take mine back. Not happy as this voice alert sould be in the unit already loaded.
Ps how did you get on with Makros? why did they tell you to call Blue media?
Found this on the http://www.stvtalk.com/ftopic2822-0-asc-0.html

Get POI Warner if you want voice prompts on speed cameras.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/poiwarner.php
It's NOT FREE
However other free packages are available.

POI-Warner for Navigon Bluemedia MDPNA 150 available now!

The new PNA version of the successful Navigon MobileNavigator for MDPNA 150 is available now! The current POI-Warner for MobileNavigator|4 is compatible also with the Bluemedia PNA. During the setup-process you will be able to choose between the PDA and the PNA version:

Please follow this link to visit the product-area for POI-Warner for the Navigon Bluemedia PNA: POI-Warner for Navigon Bluemedia PNA (31.01.2005)

If you install the speed camera overlays (e.g. available for a little fee at http://www.poihandler.com or www.pocketnavigation.de/poisyncf)
you can use your MobileNavigator|4 as a navigation system which can announce all speed cameras coming in range with audible and visual signals. To make the system perfect, you also have the possibility to define speed limits for each type of speed camera so that you can be adviced to reduce the speed when exceeding the actual speed limit near a speed camera!
But because the speed camera warning systems is prohibited in most of the countries in the EU you should keep in mind that the usage of the POI-Warner as a speed camera warning mechanism is completely at your own risk!
adethefade
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: BM 6300 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I just got a BM6300 too. Mine came with an additional sheet which I can e-mail you if you mail me at adethefade@hotmail.com. It basically tells you how to activate the camera detection under 'favourites' and set the distances.

The registration website is at www.lowestonweb.com/destinator, but it's not up and running yet. You will apparently get 6 months free updates (which start when the website allows you to register) and it's £30 per year thereafter.

My unit gives me audible camera alerts and I have to say it works very well. I know it's not a state of the art unit, but for the money, it seems OK.

Oh and there's a manual on the Bluemedia CD (the blue one). Let it auto launch and then close down what ever starts running. Go to 'My Computer' and open the CD with right-click and explore. You'll find a PDF manual under your chosen language.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Ade
justin666
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: [b]Audio POI-Warner for Navigon Bluemedia MDPNA 150 avai Reply with quote

newboy wrote:
If we want for a voice alert then we did to do this below, Sound like a lot of bother, I too will take mine back. Not happy as this voice alert sould be in the unit already loaded.
Ps how did you get on with Makros? why did they tell you to call Blue media?
Found this on the http://www.stvtalk.com/ftopic2822-0-asc-0.html

Get POI Warner if you want voice prompts on speed cameras.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/poiwarner.php
It's NOT FREE
However other free packages are available.

POI-Warner for Navigon Bluemedia MDPNA 150 available now!

The new PNA version of the successful Navigon MobileNavigator for MDPNA 150 is available now! The current POI-Warner for MobileNavigator|4 is compatible also with the Bluemedia PNA. During the setup-process you will be able to choose between the PDA and the PNA version:

Please follow this link to visit the product-area for POI-Warner for the Navigon Bluemedia PNA: POI-Warner for Navigon Bluemedia PNA (31.01.2005)

If you install the speed camera overlays (e.g. available for a little fee at http://www.poihandler.com or www.pocketnavigation.de/poisyncf)
you can use your MobileNavigator|4 as a navigation system which can announce all speed cameras coming in range with audible and visual signals. To make the system perfect, you also have the possibility to define speed limits for each type of speed camera so that you can be adviced to reduce the speed when exceeding the actual speed limit near a speed camera!
But because the speed camera warning systems is prohibited in most of the countries in the EU you should keep in mind that the usage of the POI-Warner as a speed camera warning mechanism is completely at your own risk!

makro seem to be messing me about so i am going to take it back aso ive been out today with thu unit and twice it started navagating me through a field (even though i was on the moterway) it has also crashed on me twice causing me to reset the unit, and not forgetting - on my way home the unit had no sound AT ALL - causing me to reset again

i am not happy but now i dont know what to buy (navman) or medion 175!!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: [b]Audio POI-Warner for Navigon Bluemedia MDPNA 150 avai Reply with quote

newboy wrote:
you can use your MobileNavigator|4 as a navigation system which can announce all speed cameras coming in range with audible and visual signals.

If you are using POI-Warner you can use the Safety Camera files from this web for FREE, they contain over 6,400 entries which are updated every month.
newboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: BM 6300 Reply with quote

adethefade wrote:
Hi Guys,

I just got a BM6300 too. Mine came with an additional sheet which I can e-mail you if you mail me at adethefade@hotmail.com. It basically tells you how to activate the camera detection under 'favourites' and set the distances.

The registration website is at www.lowestonweb.com/destinator, but it's not up and running yet. You will apparently get 6 months free updates (which start when the website allows you to register) and it's £30 per year thereafter.

My unit gives me audible camera alerts and I have to say it works very well. I know it's not a state of the art unit, but for the money, it seems OK.

Oh and there's a manual on the Bluemedia CD (the blue one). Let it auto launch and then close down what ever starts running. Go to 'My Computer' and open the CD with right-click and explore. You'll find a PDF manual under your chosen language.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Ade

Thanks for the extra sheet, Laughing Yes it is all ok now the voice alert works. But not very loud with radio on.
Ps If red light camera detected it just says speed camera not red light camera?
I this just a trial verson till we start to pay or Have I not done something.
newboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: BM 6300 Reply with quote

adethefade wrote:
Hi Guys,

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Ade
Thanks for the extra sheet, Yes it is all ok now the voice alert works. But not very loud with radio on.
Ps If red light camera detected it just says speed camera not red light camera?
I this just a trial verson till we start to pay or Have I not done something
justin666
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you get it to speak as i set the distances to 50 and then 100 but i still get no warning - i took the unit back to makro today for a refund back to square 1 for me

regards

Jud
Faplock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Voice alerts on BM6300 Reply with quote

Just browsing for different answer BUT...
I had the voice problem on my BM6300 (still do sometimes) and found that if I did a reset (as opposed to switching the thing off) it reloaded the software and, hey presto, the voice alerts were back.

The reset pin is found by unwinding the end from the pointer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: