Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - UKPC2NV4 Postcode Finder for Medion/Navigator 4.2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

UKPC2NV4 Postcode Finder for Medion/Navigator 4.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: UKPC2NV4 Postcode Finder for Medion/Navigator 4.2 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just polishing last details for my add-on UK Postcode finder for Navigator 4.2.

It's working fine and think it will be released over the weekend. As my other products for TomTom 2 and 3 and CoPilot 5 it will have the same Activation Code, so you can buy a license and use it with any of my UKPC2xxx add-on.

The system is pretty similar to the one I used for CoPilot5. Well, in this case hopefully it will have more features as Navigator 4.2 allows it.
Still I have no any communication from any maker, so all I can get is due to the collaboration of a few interested customers.

Just to add that I see the software running with my add-on. It looks very good (I'm TomTom user, sorry) and thinking to get one for myself.

To charge the program from SD card is a little slow and sometimes it looked like freezing, but just that, after a little bit of patience was allowed the program was alive again.

At the moment this version will allow to pass Postcodes into an itinerary, a good thing is that the program automatically identify them and gives you the name of the street and town.

It will have too a function to add postcodes to Favorite. And as soon a general tool for all my versions allowing to get a postcode from any of your contacts database and to send it to the program will be ready it will added in a future release.

Hope this will be a good new for some of you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
shaunokeefe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this work on the medion 4 navigator ?

I think it run's windows CE

Shaun
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaynokeefe,

shaunokeefe wrote:
Will this work on the medion 4 navigator ?

I think it run's windows CE

Shaun

Yes, it will. The only thing makes for me a difference is the processor, and as far is in one of MIPS, SH3 or ARM family it will run.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
shaunokeefe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

My system is Windows CE Version 4.20 Processor Samsung ARM-ARM

I installed the software and it installed it via activesync onto my system (Both the runtime and the program)

I click on the icon on my system and it says "Internal Application error, try to install again)
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sahunokeefe,

shaunokeefe wrote:
Hiya,

My system is Windows CE Version 4.20 Processor Samsung ARM-ARM

I installed the software and it installed it via activesync onto my system (Both the runtime and the program)

I click on the icon on my system and it says "Internal Application error, try to install again)

You're quicker than me... I haven't still released it and you have it installed?

I think you missunderstood me. I'm about to release a version for Navigator package, will be named UKPC2NVG. You probably have downloaded my version for TTN (UKPC2TTN) or for CoPilot (UKPC2CP5).

But don't worry it will be very soon, and that means a few days as maximum. Next week by Thursday I will be travelling to Spain and you have my word that it will be released before.

Database is the same as for others versions. And working system very similar to CoPilot version.
shaunokeefe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent can't wait for it to be released !!

Maybe able to use it this weekend !

Shaun
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaunokeefe,

shaunokeefe wrote:
Excellent can't wait for it to be released !!

Maybe able to use it this weekend !

Well, it's ready for shelves... or at least to be trialed.

You can download it from http://geopostcode.com/UKPC2NVG.exe

It will work identical to the version for CoPilot, so you can have some reading about it in http://www.ukpc2ttn.forumsplace.com/forum-13.html&sid=8366b132dea8efdf444cbcc79eb96fc3

A new feature to Add to Favourites will be added by next week as this one I'm going by Thursday to Spain and will back in Sunday.

If you find some bug or any issue let me know a.s.a.p. to be corrected before my trip.

Regards,
eme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no matter what i try either using the postcode file from

http://geopostcode.com/UKPC2NVG.exe

and or trying the runtime file as well all i get on the MDPNA200s (95900) is "Internal Application error, try to install again)" sorry. Sad
eme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maps where stored on starage card/geopostcode/ukpc2nvg\ukpc.dat.

also i forgot u am running 4.75 if that makes a differance.

keep up the good work and would love to see all working
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eme,

eme wrote:
no matter what i try either using the postcode file from

http://geopostcode.com/UKPC2NVG.exe

and or trying the runtime file as well all i get on the MDPNA200s (95900) is "Internal Application error, try to install again)" sorry. Sad

I had not previous experience with all models of Medion, just a few of them.

Today I faced first time this issue that happens with some models. The ones with Windows CE 4.20. In this link http://www.ukpc2ttn.forumsplace.com/message74.html you will find the solution and too another problem related with different versions of Navigator. It looks like different versions have not a standard for paths and folders, so they change from one version to other.
Currently I'm gathering information about it. May be you can help with it if you can tell me your version number and the path you have in your machine for it. Too if it was pre-installed or you did from CD.

Regards,
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded this program and installed it, but it will not work, get the following message

Trial Period error 0
Sorry, your trial period has ended.

The specs of my system is shown on the following link, the software is

MEDION-Navigator 4
Version 4.2
Dated Oct 13 2004 (c) Medion 2004

http://www.amngps4.wanadoo.co.uk/speccs.htm
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pocket GPS and all

You had a wrong date in your PDA when you installed it. Typical if you had done a hard reset recently where ROM is dated back to the date was made, usually 2003 or 2004.
Then ActiveSynch updates the date and there is more than one year difference between dates. Have easy solution if you contact me.

I cannot transform this forum in my particular area to attend customers. Below my firm you can find all the icons for email me, web site, messenger, etc... so if someone wants to contact me for some issue or to help to develop this version is welcome to contact me.

Regards,
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just to say that problems with paths have been corrected. There is a small manual where I tried to explain all with pictures, find it in http://ukpc2ttn.forumsplace.com/message78.html

More information for other possible troubles are in the same forum.

Thanks to Paul and Deanney by the help they gave me and patience.

Hope this new tool can make your life easier whilst driving or getting addresses.

If someone is still in troubles, pls, don't hesitate to contact me by email.

Regards,
rother
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few problems Jose's rewrite works fine on the Tchibo/Medion PNA100. with Navigator 4.3 software.
All i had todo was put this path \Program Files\TCM\TCM-Navigator\Routes
in the path set up.

many thanks Jose
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada wrote:
You had a wrong date in your PDA when you installed it. Typical if you had done a hard reset recently where ROM is dated back to the date was made, usually 2003 or 2004.
Then ActiveSynch updates the date and there is more than one year difference between dates. Have easy solution if you contact me.

No, the date is correct, I have not hard reset the system for over 3 months.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: