Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I can't hear any voices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't hear any voices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell what window and where and I'll be ready to catch............

1 When you downloaded the bmps using "save as" the files should have the correct names.
eg pocketgps_uk_mobile_20.bmp which will be associated with pocketgps_uk_mobile_20.ov2- the bmp files should have the same name as the poi you want to use it with (execpt for the file extension).

2 Paste all the new bmp files into your map folder do not make a new folder.If you already have the pocketgps pois on your go you will get a warning ....This folder already contains a file called pockekgps_uk_mobile_20.bmp replace with....... just click yes to all.
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well blow me down with a feather, I think I will go to church in the morning to offer thanks - I now have speed zoned icons on the mobile cameras as well. Thanks rayflan and everyone else who has gone through the trauma with me. What I had done when I went to Andy's most helpful link, was that instead of clicking "save target as" I had actually clicked on the target which had opened it and I had actually saved the "picture icon" not the file complete with the name. DOH Embarassed Once I had followed the correct procedure it all went like clockwork. I just hope updating the camera database each month is less hassle than all this has turned out to be.
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad its all sorted

After all that hair pulling updating the cameras will be a breeze.
When you download the new database simply paste the new ov2 files into your map folder and overwrite the old ones.
DON'T paste the bmp files otherwise all your new ones you just added will be deleted!!!!!!!!!!
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayflan wrote:
Glad its all sorted

After all that hair pulling updating the cameras will be a breeze.
When you download the new database simply paste the new ov2 files into your map folder and overwrite the old ones.
DON'T paste the bmp files otherwise all your new ones you just added will be deleted!!!!!!!!!!

Funny you should mention that rayflan, I was going to ask about the bmp files and updating, you have pre-empted the question, and given me the answer. I do have another query though, I noticed that one of the gatso categories states Gatso Continental. If this category is up and running for France then do I have to copy the ov2 files into the France Map, just selecting Continental as the single POI?
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats right but dont forget the bmp for this as well otherwise we'll be back to where we started.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also put the continental cameras in the Major roads of Europe map folder as well.

The French Gatsos are sneaky little grey boxes that hide in grass or peer over Armco barriers.
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
You could also put the continental cameras in the Major roads of Europe map folder as well.

The French Gatsos are sneaky little grey boxes that hide in grass or peer over Armco barriers.

The Go 300 does not have MRE only comes with GB map - I bought the France street level map as an add on.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:

Does anyone know how comprehensive - and how well maintained - the Continental camera file is?

Also, to what extent do European countries follow up camera-detected offences when the offending vehicle is registed in a different country?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkm_hm wrote:
sgould wrote:

Does anyone know how comprehensive - and how well maintained - the Continental camera file is?

Also, to what extent do European countries follow up camera-detected offences when the offending vehicle is registed in a different country?

The favourite practise from what I have been led to believe, (including first hand accounts from the likes of Jeremy Clarkson), is for the Gendarmes to lay in wait on the tourist routes, especially the autoroutes from Calais. Once they spy an English number plate, they clock the speed, pull the driver over, and levy an instant fine - even marching you to the nearest cash point should you try the " I've only got travellers cheques officer" routine - not that I am cynical you understand.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:

The favourite practise from what I have been led to believe, (including first hand accounts from the likes of Jeremy Clarkson), is for the Gendarmes to lay in wait on the tourist routes, especially the autoroutes from Calais. Once they spy an English number plate, they clock the speed, pull the driver over, and levy an instant fine - even marching you to the nearest cash point should you try the " I've only got travellers cheques officer" routine - not that I am cynical you understand.

But that's not the same as being done by a camera - which requires subsequent processing rather than issuing an instant ticket.

I'd still be interested to know whether they bother to pursue foreigners such as Brits when they're 'caught on camera'. Do police forces swap number-plate databases with their counterparts in other countries? Can you get points on a British licence for speeding in France, etc.?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkm_hm wrote:
sgould wrote:

They are updated monthly. If you can't get them from the French site they are available here
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link XDA, however, having clicked on the site I notice that there are two zip files, how do you know which one is the one for the TTGo or TTGo300 - my French is not that good.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My French is not very good either - but it looks to me as if you need both files. One contains fixed cameras (one .ov2 + .bmp pair) and the other one contains mobile and redlight cameras (2 pairs of files).

sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also this source:
http://www.alertegps.com/Download.asp?a=ar&s=&f=tomtom

I got flashed by one that was not on the list. That was three weeks ago. Heard nothing yet.

I think some countries send a request to DVLA for your address, but I don't think the DVLA can disclose it to authorities outside the UK.
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with having the continental cameras is if you have both French and GB maps on the one card as I have. Obviously the voices have already been allocated to the English Cameras e.g Gatso 30, not much use for French Radar. I have managed to work around it e.g. using the French red light as per English red light and used Bell One for fixed site etc. but not ideal.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: