Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN 5 in action ! Some Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN 5 in action ! Some Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
alix

no information on illegal copies of TT5 were being given, just information on how to correct the missing postcodes error!

Richard

Which isn't an error, 7 Digit PostCode support is supplied with the genuine v5 product.

To remind readers, discussions concerning the use of pirate copies, pointers to pirate software sources etc are not permitted in these forums. Posts that contain such references will be edited or deleted.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren

I agree that use of no paid for software is not a good thing for anyone, as without payment there will be no future development,

BUT I like the others discussing this have paid for TT5, TomTom have taken the money already so in fact we have paid to use the TT5 product, If TomTom held off taking Credit Card payment till the item is shipped then I would not agree with its use, but they are happt to take money and earn interest on it for what can be weeks without making any attempt to supply the product paid for (Which in itself is against most credit card processers terms, who say payment should not be taken till goods are ready for dispatch),

So I really feel entitled to the software. and am sure the others who have given TomTom funds feel the same.

Richard
ispartacus75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there still an option to reject the full screen TT? I have TT3 steup to still show my start bar as I regularly use other programs on my xdaIIi while TT3 is running.
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:

BUT I like the others discussing this have paid for TT5, TomTom have taken the money already so in fact we have paid to use the TT5 product, If TomTom held off taking Credit Card payment till the item is shipped then I would not agree with its use, but they are happt to take money and earn interest on it for what can be weeks without making any attempt to supply the product paid for (Which in itself is against most credit card processers terms, who say payment should not be taken till goods are ready for dispatch),

Richard

I would agree with the above but will wait for my copy to arrive before trying TTN5. It's a shame that some companies (Tomtom included) can't operate like Global Positonal Systems do. I order my PPC & Nav3, supplied card payment details etc. even though they were out of stock fully expecting them to take payment, but no, they didn't take the money till stocks arrived & within 6 hours the courier had collected & scanned the packet into their logging system for me to track online.

Come on Tomtom, play the game. Their must be thousands of customers out there upset at the payment being taken be product may take up to 5 weeks to arrive despite the 24/7 hrs working dispatch arrangement you have in place.
ispartacus75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If riding in a plane is flying then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the feeling
GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE

Surely riding in a plane is flying and riding in a boat is sailing. if you get out of the boat you are swimming, if you get out of the plane you are DROPPING !!! Confused Confused

But at least with TomTom you would have some idea where you were going to land Laughing Out Loud
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the advice you gave is only relevant to people who do not have the genuine non-pirated software yo uare trying to help people using pirated software - surely you can understand that?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Hi Darren

I agree that use of no paid for software is not a good thing for anyone, as without payment there will be no future development,

[SNIP]

So I really feel entitled to the software. and am sure the others who have given TomTom funds feel the same.

Richard

I sympathise entirely with you in this regard but it does not change our stance on discussions and or 'assistance' in the use of pirate software.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ispartacus75 wrote:
is there still an option to reject the full screen TT? I have TT3 steup to still show my start bar as I regularly use other programs on my xdaIIi while TT3 is running.

There is no such facility although you can easily configure a hardware button to return you to the desktop.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
ispartacus75 wrote:

There is no such facility although you can easily configure a hardware button to return you to the desktop.

Not on an Ipaq 4700 you cannot! The hardware buttons tend to do their own thing!
Quantum
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonCatlin wrote:
Not on an Ipaq 4700 you cannot! The hardware buttons tend to do their own thing!

What?! I am waiting for mine to arrive, but the buttons had better do what they are supposed to do.

WM2002 was so shot full of bugs that I switched to Linux on my 3950, but now want the higher rez of the 4700.
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The H/W buttons dont seem to do anything in TT3 at any rate on the 4700

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: