Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 5 Returned
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 5 Returned

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedyBob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 5 Returned Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am in the fortunate situation where I bought CP5, tested it over a week, decided I didn't like it, then returned it. Stuff bought over the internet can be returned within 7 days for a full refund, so back it has gone. (I'm so relieved)

It has too many errors in the guidance algorithms, and the address/postcode recognition is not good enough for my liking, also I would have liked to hear POI's being announced when I was not on a specific journey.

So I might return to CP6 or CP7 if they sort out all the flaws, in the mean time I'm off to try something else, good luck guys...

regards
Rob
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: CoPilot 5 Returned Reply with quote

SpeedyBob wrote:
Stuff bought over the internet can be returned within 7 days for a full refund, so back it has gone. (I'm so relieved)

This doesn't apply to shrinkwrapped software which has been opened. You were very lucky to get a refund. I wish I had done that but it took me a couple of weeks to realise what a piece of junk CoPilot was... Crying or Very sad
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Skippy. When I suggested that I wanted a refund I got the standard ' can't give refunds on software' reply.

What I fail to understand is how can our rights as consumers be protected when we HAVE to open the software and run it to find out if it works or not. Or whether it actually lives up to its claims - which many of us have discovered to our cost that it does not.

I do not see the difference opening a loaf of bread and finding that it is mouldy and asking for a refund. 'Oh no sir, we can't refund that, you've opening the packaging' !

Clearly, the bread would not be fit for the purpose it was intended. And so CP5 is also not fit for the purpose.

Right that's it. I've had enough ! I'm going to email Watchdog !! Let's see if any adverse national publicity will kick ALK into action and stop treating us all like mugs.

Grrr.

Baz
gsxr1000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i feel the same

quite a few suckered into buying it from a review placed here

that old phrase

"if it sound too good to be true - it probably is"

they liked his review so much they gave hin a job
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a postscript to my post, I am now a very happy Ex-CP5 user. :D After 4 months of using CP5, my retailer agreed to refund/replace it with TomTom5.

While TT5 is not perfect (what system is ??) it's certainly 10 times better than CoPilot ever claimed to be.

Admittedly my retailer was very helpful by putting pressure on ALK to resolve my problem. But quite simply, ALK didn't have a solution. I persevered with my retailer and I eventually gave them 7 days notice that I would uninstall my software and return my complete package to them for a refund.

We eventually came to a compromise where I kept my PDA and returned the software, which they promptly replaced.

Can't speak too highly of the excellent customer services from Global Positioning Systems. More than you can ever say about ALK !

Baz
Garmin Montana 650
Garmin Oregon 45oT
Garmin Edge 1000
Tracklogs Digital Mapping
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another disgruntled CoPilot user here who was conned by a good review into wasting £135. Thanks Dave.

I'm now thinking of buying TTN5, but don't seem to be able to find it being sold as just the software. I've already got the PDA (Mitac+CPL5 bundle from GlobalPositingSystems last year), so only need the TT5 software...and I don't want all of Europe, just UK maps.

Is it possible to buy TT5 UK only for a PDA (not an upgrade from TT3 which I don't have)?

Thanks.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In very basic terms, your rights can only be enhanced, so if there is any legislation which says that something can be returned (and the product/services/circumstances are not mentioned in any exclusion in that legislation, or any later legislation), regardless of what the supplier may say - you can return it.

Also, it may (I believe) be a criminal offence to attempt to fail to apply with consumer law.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: