Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updated Navigon Software On Offer till 30/5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updated Navigon Software On Offer till 30/5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stukno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Updated Navigon Software On Offer till 30/5 Reply with quote

Hi All,
I see that Navigon have brought out version 5 of their nav programme and existing users can have a cut price offer on an upgrade until the end of the month.

Anyone any thoughts on this? I am quite happy with the way V4.4 works anyone any other thoughts on the topic?
regards
Stu K
John176
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have taken the upgrade option from Medion Navigator Vesion 3 to Navigon 5 for £41 offer price. It installed with no problems and I have also taken the POI-Warner upgrade option. I find the screen layout of Version 5 much better they have changed the colour scheme so you can now see the road numbers where before on mine they were a green blobe. Voice command is fun but thats about all. Once again you have to buy the maps as they have now gone back to NAVTEQ and changed the format. I have purchased the The French Map for £70 buy buying the activation code, was thinking of the whole of europe but its about 932Mb of data so you would need a 1Gig card. As I said I have used Medion Navigator 3 I have tried Medion Navigator 4.3 and found there were several voice commands that were in error on two regular routes I used. the voice information was incorrect on one and on the other would tell me to turn off the A38 at three different slip rounds.
I'm happy with my upgrade.
snoopynut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Upgrade Reply with quote

Hi John.

Can you tell me is Navigon a new name for Navigator? I have Navigator v3 on my Medion PPC250 which is now out of date, Medion told me that they do not do upgrades?

can you tell me where you got the upgrade from?

Thanks

Sara
John176
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: medion Navigator Reply with quote

Hi Sara,

You can upgrade to Navigon5 MobileNavigator from the following website.
www.navigon.com

Click on the Internationa then on the Opt now for the MN|5

You do have to return your original Version 3 Medion Disks to them in Germany, the information is in the email they send you when you order. It only cost me just under two pounds to do that. They then send you the software via post. I'm sure it's the same software just re-named for Medion with their Logo. You only get the UK and Ireland map you will have to pay for any others you may want.

[/b]
beighton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you upgrade to Navigon version 5 from the Medion Navigator 4.4 and get the POI warner version to go with it, can you still use the speed cam and other overlays from poihandler.com as I notice their website has things like = POIHandler.com added Medion-Navigator 4 to its service!- on its main page.
John176
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a free upgrade from 4 to 5 too. Just make sure you upgrade to Navigon 5.
eme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you let usknow if you like v5 upgrade and weather it does postcode yet. thanks.
John176
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken the upgrade option from Medion Navigator Vesion 3 to Navigon 5. I find the screen layout of Version 5 much better they have changed the colour scheme so you can now see the road numbers where before on mine they were a green blobe. Voice command is fun but thats about all. Once again you have to buy the maps as they have now gone back to NAVTEQ and changed the format. Navigon 5 is the same software as Medion Navigator 3/4 the post code function is the same its will search for the first four charactors in the post code and then give you the options to choose from. I have been using Navigon for about four weeks now and have found some strange quirks with it in my area ie from work to home version 3 and 4 would take me onto and off the M6 and then home version 5 takes me onto the M6 onto the M56 and then round the country lanes to home total of 24 miles. M6 route is 22 miles if I ignore the M56 and continue down the M6 it then for some strange reason takes me way off course and then back again. I'm off to France in August so will see how I get on but I have compaired the route with Drive-alive.co.uk and it's about the same. All in all if you know where you are going its easy but if not Navigon 5 will get you there even if it adds a few miles onto your journey.
eme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheeers for that
i have found some quirks 2 with 4.75. but havent found out how to use post code . still glad to see its at least working some what in v5. Smile
John176
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put any more then five postcode charactors in it will not register any towns. One to four is fine but I'm sure you know that?
eme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers jhon176, just found out 10 mins ago, then i thiught i would say thanks worked it out now. oh ant life brill when all things work out.

i was thinking about getting a 299 mitec instead and passing this on tomorrow but not sure now, as everthing is in, speed cams, pois and taskbar etc.

beging to like it lot more now.

thanks again. :D
davjack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: upgrade Reply with quote

will my medionmdppc250 work with navigator5 do i need to buy only the soft ware or do i have to get full package
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I cant be bothered to change to v5 as I now have all the maps I need for v4 and to update them will cost an arm and a leg which I am sure Navigon would love being sent through the post to them! Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: