Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buying Maps of Western Europe - TT unhelpful
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying Maps of Western Europe - TT unhelpful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crowe99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Buying Maps of Western Europe - TT unhelpful Reply with quote

Is it just me who is extremely unhappy by the way in which TomTom have dealt with this upgrade? Sad

I bought the TT Go towards the end of last year and then they release a new product at a smaller cost. Having got used to that idea, I then find out that I am unable to buy the Maps of Western Europe in time for my trips to Sweden and France which were the main reason I bought the thing in the first place!

As TT have discontinued the original MoWE, and the new maps will not be released until very end of June / early July, that means I can't even buy now and pay for the u/g even if I want to.

I think that TT have treated customers like me with disdain and they are unwilling to suggest a way for me to get the orginal maps even when I suggested buying them from them direct and paying again for the new version!

If anyone knows of any way (except buying a new unit!) that I can get some maps of Europe for my holidays I would b grateful!

Thanks.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some of the older western europe maps from ebuyer,com before I went on holiday last month. I may upgrade later to get the plus maps, but some who have the new map CDs on upgrade don't think that much has changed.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=7996259747&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=66208

Although the part number they quote is the number of the box they come in!!

The individual part numbers of the 4 CDs is 3D00.010 - .013

Mind you they've increased the price since i bought them!!
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many places seem to have any of the MOWE left. GPS Warehouse seem to be the only place that is advertising them as in stock.

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod2369.html

You can buy the 'old' single country maps on SD card but they are £99 per country

http://www.navshop.com/directsales/catalog/default.php?cPath=1130_1135_1136&sort=1a&page=4
Crowe99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks.... Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice... I will give those places a go. Putting the price up to £129.99 is damn cheeky but I am desperate!
Crowe99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Thank you, thank you, thank you! Reply with quote

I managed to get the last copy from GPS World!
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you! Reply with quote

Crowe99 wrote:
I managed to get the last copy from GPS World!

Remember when you install them onto an SD card that you will have to install the latest version of the firmware.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: