Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kirrio Tungsten E/Zire 72 Serial Cable - Where to Buy?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kirrio Tungsten E/Zire 72 Serial Cable - Where to Buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theonlyone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Kirrio Tungsten E/Zire 72 Serial Cable - Where to Buy? Reply with quote

I need one of these to connect my T/E to a serial gps.

http://www.kirrio.com/uk/products/usb_to_serial/index.php?cat=4&id=0

Thanks to iancjc for highlighting this link, but does anyone know where I can buy one? It is not possible to buy one from the Kirrio Website and their english helpdesk can't tell me who in the UK might stock it (other than pcworld, dixons and argos - but they only sell the complete Kirrio/Viamichelin solutions). I am still waiting for an email from the sales link on the website and have trawled the pda stores on tottenham court road in London to no avail.

What's the secret? - Does anyone know?

Regards,
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

not Tottenham court road (and not sure how much to deliver) but these guys have it in stock

http://www.topachat.com/pages/produits.php?cat=micro&ref=ind877&origine=leguide

my French isn't quite good enough to navigate the site so cannot be any more help.

if you search on ebay for kirrio you will find quite a few people selling the kit - no one has the cable it appears - if you want navigation 3 make sure it ships mapsonic 2.5 for a free upgrade.

Kirrio have some very lousy supply channels!

Ian
theonlyone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian,
Have given up on Kirrio. No joy with the French Site, but found a German site www.ibfnet.de who were willing to sell and post to UK. However, the total cost inc postage was 73 Euros so I didn't buy one. A separate call to the Kirrio English helpdesk (v pleasant individual) revealed that although the Kirrio cable is shown on the UK web site, it isn't available - the desk did say that they were hopeful that it woud eventually become available and that they had a few calls a week about it. The companies marketing is hopeless and they are missing many sales opportunities.

But ... a search on ebay (Tungsten E gps) showed up a US trader who auctions a Holux 210 GPS and a professionally made custom cable to connect to the TE in the car (look at the international sellers). It works very well and seems to sell for about $50-70. Postage to UK is $30 and then one has the shock of £9 customs (VAT) and a Parcel Force Clearance fee of £13.50 which is bl**dy extortionate. I paid more than I would have done for the Kiirio cable from Germany, but got tired of looking.

Still - I now have a TE + ViaMichelin Navigator GPS which works very well. - now, where to hide all that cabling? :D

Regards,
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good news. Glad it finally worked out.

As for kirrio - who would make a product then make it impossible to buy?

Ian
theonlyone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for you advice on the way.

Quite.

Regards,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: