Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - In Car Charging Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

In Car Charging Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donga11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: In Car Charging Problems Reply with quote

I have a real strange problem with my new ipaq 2410 running ppc 2003.
i use a SysOn GPS CF Plus 11 and tom tom 3.
i bought a brodit mount and a proclip for my car which is good, however here is the problem.
when my ppc is on and connected to the in car charger the charging light does not come on but the ppc does recognise the fact its connected as it changes in the power settings to AC.
When its switched off and in the mount it will charge as the charging light comes on.
now if you hold the power button on for two seconds it simply turnes off the back light but the ppc is still on, in this state it will charge and the charging light is flashing however as soon as i put the cf card in it stops charging.
no mater what persentage the battery is at, as soon as i plug it into the charger it has the green tick on the battery icon as if to say its fully charged when clearly it is not.
i put a friend of mine ppc into my charger and it worked fine, as soon as i connected it started charging.
when i connect mine i have to take out the power addapter from the cigar lighter and reconnect and then it starts charging if switched off or if switched on it brightens up the screen which suggests to me that it knows there is a external power sauce but it is not charging the ipaq whilst its up and running.
clearly this is no good to me as the battery will only last a short time using the cf card on the ipaq battery.
HP dont seem to want to help that much and have sent me via email a ROM upgrade which i have not yet used.
This will send my ppc to an out of the box state and i will have to reinstall tom tom again.
its a mind field and if anyone can make sence of it pls help me.
Cheers mark.halliburton@blueyonder.co.uk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: