Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OK we have got V5. What do we want to see in Version 6.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeSee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Kskid: Separate voice control for navigator and POI sounds.

Wishlist:

Quote:
Have the camera database updating bods noticed a drop off in user reported cameras since v5?

Probably - Richard may let us know.

I have taken to carrying my Garmin 12XL, alongside my TT, when I am in new areas so that I can use the Man Overboard (MOB) facility to log new or incorrectly located cameras since I want this database to be right.

It is a nuisance though at the moment my better half is tolerant of me asking her to log the OSGB co-ords every time I mark one (In case you didn't know Man Overboard is an immediate waypoint created by two pushes of a button but is overwritten when a new MOB is created so has to be renamed/written down before MOB is used again).
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StanStill wrote:
I was in a friends car the other day and was impressed by his portable sat navs treatment for exits from roundabouts.

It was something like "take the third exit and follow the A21 for 4 miles". This was much more helpful than the Tom Tom's

Yes that would be good, not just at roundabouts but major road junctions too, Road numbers are always well sign posted and often roundabouts can have small exits that are not on the map so confusing the exit counting strategy. Obviously this would need work on the speech system but worth it!
ajlee7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Get rid of Mobile phone, TT Weather, Download, TT Traffic, and Guided tour on the Classic which will eliminate one menu page.

2) Move Configure GPS to Change preferences menu and move Manage POI to the main menu

3) Show current street that you are driving (it shows it if you do not have a route planned)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajlee:
1 and 2 on your list can probably be sorted out (with a little bit of work on your part) thanks to Scaredycat's seriously clever bit of menu hacking described HERE
ajlee7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
ajlee:
1 and 2 on your list can probably be sorted out (with a little bit of work on your part) thanks to Scaredycat's seriously clever bit of menu hacking described HERE

I had a Go at it Laughing and works. Thanks!

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1|Main Menu 1 of 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Main Menu 2 of 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_ROTATE_DISPLAY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|
stevieb17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: what wanted in V6.0 Reply with quote

As a new user, just seen this question. I would like to "Navigate to" using O.S. Grid references as I camp and sites are found by this method.
father
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Improve internet connection (Use PC network capabilities via BT, provide another solution to GPRS)

2-Improve the tech support service (answers are REALLY too poor technically, it's really a shame !)

3 - Warn ONLY if the POI is on current route

4 - Configure the TTG via BT, without USB.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

father wrote:

3 - Warn ONLY if the POI is on current route

That is already an option! Do you want to see it refined in some way? If so, how?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
Alexwils
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I would like to see in v6...

Maps that weren't 2 years old (at least)

Speed data - top speed, avg speed etc

Time sensitive roadblocks - in Bath where I live there are bus gates only allowing busses through between 11am - 6pm it would be nice to be able to put these in so tomtom doesn't navigate via them between these hours - I know about them but visitors to the city could get in all sorts of trouble (and a fine).
jbellanca
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Way to search for type of restaurant Reply with quote

I'd love a way for it to show me all the Italian, French, American, Hawaiian, etc., restaurants near my current position or near by destination.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Way to search for type of restaurant Reply with quote

jbellanca wrote:
I'd love a way for it to show me all the Italian, French, American, Hawaiian, etc., restaurants near my current position or near by destination.

But it already does that - sort of!

It would be unrealistic to expect every conceiveable category of POI to be factory installed - because there are literally thousands of possibilities.

But what it does have is the functionality to import your own POI files with any sort of restuarant, shops, night-clubs, speed cameras - whatever takes your fancy! A very large number of these are available for download from the internet.

The only slight problem is that there is a limit to how many user-supplied POI categories TTG can handle at a time. It was 40 - but due to a cockup with the latest software version, is now only 27 - but that will hopefully be corrected in the next version.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Way to search for type of restaurant Reply with quote

rkm_hm wrote:
It would be unrealistic to expect every conceiveable category of POI to be factory installed - because there are literally thousands of possibilities.

Watch this space. TeleAtlas have just signed a deal to increase the number of POIs they support from 1.2M to 20+M this should ensure that you will have the POI you want in the database. With that number of POIs a new problem of finding things will be introduced.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that POIs or POI categories? If the latter, it sounds like you might need a rather large SD card to accommodate that lot - quite apart from the difficulty of finding anything, as you say.

linrew
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

how about the ability to avoid certain areas like city centers or areas(schools) that are busy at peak times.(i know that local knowledge would be needed to implement this) the option to avoid these areas rather than using avoid part of route would be nice

i understand that tomtom could not be expected to know which roads get busy and when, but the option to avoid a certain junction/roundabout or school would be great

maybe have a poi catagory that has hotspots and the option to avoid the poi by a certain distance is a way of doing this

if you have ever been near a football/rugby ground near kick off/full time you will know what i mean

linrew
linrew
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

also how about being able to put your itinarary in and then have the option to SHOW ALL

this would make it easier for people to plan their day (using move up/down) without resorting back to old fashioned maps to work out the best route

or better still let it work out the best route to get to all the addresses itself (which i understand will probably take a fair amount of space and processing speed which is why i suggest the show all in the itinaray option)

this would be a usefull tool for people like me who visit 10-12 customers a day or multi drop drivers

linrew CoPilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: