Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - german radar plugins and iCN620 (V3 software)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

german radar plugins and iCN620 (V3 software)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_Rude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: german radar plugins and iCN620 (V3 software) Reply with quote

Hi, two weeks ago I got the "special" offer for my Navman iCN 620. after installing the software I dowloaded the German radar plugins to the Navman. I used the navman for a trip to France and I can see all the radar in the display but I do not get any audio warnings. I tried to configure the POI's but I can not change the settings. In the documentation I found the remark that the V3 software can only handle 25 POI's which is maybe the reason for this behaviour. Does anyone have a similar experience.

regards Frank
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you trying to configure the POIs? If you could explain in step by step detail how you're transferring the POIs to your device, etc., someone might be able to help you. The 25 refers to the number of Custom POI categories, not the number of individual POIs.
B_Rude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: German radar plug ins are working partly Reply with quote

Hi, I used the radar plugins from the german web side which is using the documentation from this web side, including a link to this side. (http://www.radarfalle.de/software/navman.php).

The main difference, I can detect, is that the german plug ins are seperated in speed dependet list's. There is a file for 30km/h, 50km/h .... If I brause on my navman to the POI's some of them are set to [active] other not. I can open a configuration window for a list but any changes are not taken into account. The different POI's are displayed during navigation with the right icon but there is no sound.

Great if anyone can give me feedback if his navman iCN 600er series is working fine.

regards Frank
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The German radar POI's are grouped the same way that the UK safety camera POI's are, by speed.

You can indeed store up to 25 POI groups or categories. You should be able to have several of those groups 'active' you certainly can on the PPC version. Try reloading all the POI files again specifying them as 'active' by default in POI Options then check each group on the 'POI Activation Settings' page on the iCN to ensure that there is a check against Active, Visual warning and Audio warning.

If this still does not work then I am at a loss. I can't recall anyone reporting that the UK camera POI's are not giving alerts on an iCN running v3 so I'm sure someone with an iCN running v3 software can check this out and report back soon.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
B_Rude
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: reloaded all files Reply with quote

Hi,

just reloaded all files but the behaviour did not change. I can look to the files via the navman menu but not all are set to [active]. If I try to make them active I can change the settings, the navman is asking if I like to store the settings but after storing the setings are still in the un-active condition. In the last days I also had some problems to remove unused languages to free up some memory, my impression is that the software is still buggy. There was a note on the SP1 that there was a change on the POI tick box, maybe still not completly fixed. Checked today if there is new software but still the SP1 is mentioned.

regards

Frank
DWnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem - loaded both the German and UK POI's last night. MY UK POI is one of the ones not active. Not a big problem as i live in Germany. I want the UK one as we return occasionally. Some of the POI are controllable, those marked active. The ones not marked active seem not to respond. I have not counted up how many there are to see if it is too many. I will try deleting a few and see if that helps. Unfortunately I do not live close to one of the cameras in an inactive POI so I cannot check if it works even though not marked as active.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Dave
Dan45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly 25 POIs. 11 of them are active. I was capable of making some who were originally active into inactive. But I also cannot make any inactive into active. I set it properly, answer YES to save it and still it is inactive.
TomTom GO 950 Live
Dan45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that you can have only 14 out of 25 active. The only way I finally did it was to erase all POIs and load only 14 which I need. Then they are all active.
Of course, with UK speed cameras if you go for the speed zoned, that is altogether more than 14 (actually 19) files. Any advice out there? How do you guys do it?
The good thing with speed zoned files is that I have not only the audio warning but also the Icon with speed and the visual warning giving me the speed on the bottom line. But I cannot make all 19 files active. What do you do? DO you use one file for all mobile speed cameras? Any advice appreciated.
TomTom GO 950 Live
DWnavman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I followed Dan45's advice and started again. I have only loaded 14 POI's and they all work. Even the ones which did not when I had 20+ installed. Seems like we have a reason and a solution. This is a bit limiting as you cannot have all the individual POI's by speed. I have not tried to load a 15th to see what happens.

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: