Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No driver in tomtom includes com5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No driver in tomtom includes com5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No driver in tomtom includes com5 Reply with quote

Hi there again,

I have finally got everything together and have configured it as I think it should be. The socket BT comes up as com5 on the loox. Cruxview works fine on com5 and 38400 baud. Tomtom nav2 keeps on saying it's unreliable. I'll give you a run down on what I have done so far.

1. Socket is bonded with loox

2. It always comes up as com5

3. Beam is set not to receive all incoming

4. Bluetooth is set to class 1 on loox

5. I have no passkey on my plugfree (doesn't seem to matter if I have one or not).

6. I have selected serial and share serial on the plugfree config. (doesn’t seem to matter if I have the share on or not)

The BT comes up as EMTAC BTGPS 22222222 151d64 on plugfree and has the bonded sign but the icon to the left is a grey '?' in a circle. Is this correct?

I have chosen a few drivers on tomtom but there is no com5 setting, I noted on another post someone else could choose quite a few drivers as well.

I’m sure there is an easy answer but I can’t seem to find it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Steve

Steve_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No driver in tomtom includes com5 Reply with quote

Forgot to say that tomtom seems to pick up the GPS sometimes and I get the gps fix but it just doesn't seem reliable and the fix is off about 50 meters.
Eagle
Occasional Visitor

Steve

I have a Pocket Loox working with an EMTAC BT GPS and running Tom Tom software.

Although Bluetooth connects to the EMTAC through serial 5, this is when you are doing the setup in Pocket Plugfree. In Tom Tom gps the com port is shown as 'Serial Port-11AC[SPP]', this is when I choose EMTAC Wireless.

You don't need to make a Bluetooth connection to the EMTAC each time you use Tom Tom. Just make sure Bluetooth is switched on (small switch on the right) and your BT receiver is switched on, start Tom Tom (this will open the port) and you should be receiving from the EMTAC.

By the way the Loox, EMTAC BT GPS and Tom Tom work perfectly together. I can drive long distances, no PPC crashes, no loss of Sat fix. Very reliable and the accuracy seems good.
Steve_D
Occasional Visitor

Eagle,

I had that selected through sheer luck! Smile

I just went for a drive and it seemed ok but still had an unreliable sometimes even when I had quite a few sat fixes.

Weird ....... anyway I am off to holland for the weekend so will see how it holds up. I'll let you know.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: