Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 5 Full Postcode add-on UKPC2CP5 v1.01.05
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 5 Full Postcode add-on UKPC2CP5 v1.01.05
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been now using Geopostcodes for a couple of months and it is a very useful add-on. However, the reason for writing this post is the after-sales service. It is excellent!

Jose Adell, the developer and owner of the title usually deals with any queries himself. Perhaps that is the secret: personal ownership.

If your company grows, Jose, which I hope is will, please make sure that you maintain your present level of service. It is much appreciated.

:P :P :P :P :P
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ponderous,

Thanks very much for your kindy words.

As matter of fact my small company is growing, you can see it in http://ukpc2ttn.forumsplace.com where a new new line of products has been announced. But as you said my goal #1 is to give a higher level in my customer service.

I don't believe that free software is the solution for our times, but an adjusted price and good attention to customers makes a world difference, even if the price to be paid is more expensive than in other places, that hope is not my case.

In a world where most people thinks about how to make easy money, with half a century in my back I still believe in old words as commitment, honestity and reputation to maintain.

Thanks indeed,

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to pay for UKPC2CP5 Reply with quote

Nomada wrote:

So let's say you are using today CoPilot and my add-on. Tomorrow you want to use TomTom and my add-on for it. Just download it, install it and register it with the same activation code you had.

At the end of the day you pay for my job and it was the database and the core engine of my add-on. Menues for me are just the wrapper, and you don't pay for wrappers, do you?

What a refreshing point of view, if only others could take it too!
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that Jose does need to do if he is going to sell his rather useful products is to make it clear how to get hold of them.

His system first involves a free download and 15-day trial of the full application. Then, if desired, registration is by internet connection via Active Sync after inputting an Activation Code. This code is obtainable on paying £8 by Paypal, through Ebay or by arrangement with Jose by email (support@geopostcode.com). I believe that the £8 covers a year's free postcode updates.

Finding the free download is a bit like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack (even on Jose's own website! So, here it is:

http://www.geopostcode.com/ukpc2cp5.exe
gripp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the good reviews in this thread I bought Jose's Geopostcode program this morning. It's very good and does what it says on the label.

I think the purchase procedure could have been simpler, and perhaps also a warning should be included that you will need to download some extra NS Basic software.
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gripp

gripp wrote:
I think the purchase procedure could have been simpler, and perhaps also a warning should be included that you will need to download some extra NS Basic software.

Please, what do you mean with "you will need to download some extra NS Basic software". The runtime is included with the installation program, so no further downloads are needed for mostly of machines.

Unfortunately due to changes in Windows versions it is true that some recent models could need download further libraries, but that applies too if you try to run any Basic based program as the embedded Visual Basic is not provided in ROM. And when this case is presented I take personal care of that installation to ensure it is properly done.

About the links. Well, they are clearly stated in my forum. I've been adverted my moderators and staff of this forum not to publish anymore.

If you have a reading of my posts, every time I announced a new version I did receive everything comming from Pocket GPS World staff but a good word or a test of it.

Since I limited my postings here, even when I think this forum is one of the best you can find because you all, just to give some help or to avoid a confussion.

Hope it clarifies a little this missed links by my side.

Regards,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jose

Are there any current versions to this software ? I note on your web site that the date is 2004

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Topgazza,

The newest version of my add-on is for CoPilot 5. And long time no probs reported so I don´t now if there´s a new version of CoPilot that needs a new release on my side.

Regards,
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for Jose's Geopostcodes. It worked a treat for the (short) time I used it before getting CP6. He gives excellent attention to queries, as well.

Sadly, I guess this first class add-on, for both Copilot and TomTom, has been supersded since CP 6 and TT 5, both of which have 7-digit postcodes.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check it out, cheers guys

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ponderous,

Thanks for your nice words.

To be honest I don´t know CP 6, but I do TomTom, and only the new TT 6 allows me what I got with my add-on. To know exactly where in the street and what side is situated the postcode. Very important to me at work, driving a double decker coach that information is a "must".
To relay on that with TT 5 was a 50% of chances to have to show all your skills doing maneouvres with that kind of "big elephants" on narrow roads/streets.

How PostCodes work on CP 6?

Regards,
Boluwd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: ukpc2cp5.exe Reply with quote

Hi Jose

I'm interested in obtaining the ukpc2cp5 download for my Mio 168 using Copilot 5. However, your geopostcode.com site only advertises the ukpc2ttn software. Where is the link for the Copilot 5 version?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: