Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OS Maps on a Tom Tom ONE UK (new edition)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OS Maps on a Tom Tom ONE UK (new edition)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnTT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: OS Maps on a Tom Tom ONE UK (new edition) Reply with quote

I think I should have posted this here yesterday Confused

I'm new to this Sat Nav malarkey but have just bought a Tom Tom ONE UK which I think is excellent and I've loaded it with speed camera warnings etc. Great so far :D

What I'd really like, however, is a way of loading OS map detail. I understand the size issue would only make this possible for a limited amount of the UK at a time. What I'm not sure of is is it possible to display the OS map on the Tom Tom and still have routing work?

Doing an alternative map to the existing Tom Tom map would be a mamouth task but perhaps the existing one could be kept and an OS map overlaid. I was wondering if it could be overlaid as a huge POI bitmap locked to a co-ordinate. Problem is it would not rotate with the Tom Tom map but at least you could turn it on and off. I tried this but found the icon size is limited

It would be nicer if it could be a background image somehow. I notice there is a "raster" folder containing *.jpg and *.sat files. The jpg files are an aerial view seen as a background image when zoomed out on the map. The sat files may perhaps be co-ordinate and elevation information (I'm guessing). Could something be overlaid by putting OS jpg files here with some manipulated co-ordinate data? Wink

Any ideas?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, please don't post multiple questions accross the forum it makes tracking answers difficult, as you have an answer to your question HERE If anyone has an answer to the above post please post it in the link anbove I will lock this thread to prevent any further answers - Thanks - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: