Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same for me ...
But TOMTOM confirmed would be delivered within 5 working days.
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Map Delivery Reply with quote

Sad 1 week on and my order is still "in the warehouse" - in fairness to Tom Tom the credit card payment is still held in pending transactions.
Lets see if week 2 brings the long awaited maps.
marctwo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crowman wrote:
I ordered on 26h April. UK maps.
Still at 'warehouse' stage.

Same here Sad
JohnBoy59
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Map Delivery Reply with quote

mow wrote:
Sad 1 week on and my order is still "in the warehouse" - in fairness to Tom Tom the credit card payment is still held in pending transactions.
Lets see if week 2 brings the long awaited maps.

You'll be lucky!! They told me upto 5 weeks!
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that TomTom has always said "allow up to 5 weeks for delivery".
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keefy wrote:
strange but my credit card account has been showing as unposted transaction, but now it has dissapeared!

Maybe I will get it for free.

Same here, however it will reappear when despatched, or it should.

Here is the response from Tom Tom re my order:-

"Thank you for your email.

Please be patient. You order will be shipped soon. Please stay advised via your My TomTom account.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

So I guess I need to be patient !!!!!

Mike - what I can't understand is why launch a product, with the inevitable clamour for orders if you haven't got it in stock. You are quite right they did say 5 weeks but I assumed at least some would be despatched on day two - Am I missing something or is all they have to do is place the SD in an envelope ?
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mow wrote:
Mike - what I can't understand is why launch a product, with the inevitable clamour for orders if you haven't got it in stock. You are quite right they did say 5 weeks but I assumed at least some would be despatched on day two - Am I missing something or is all they have to do is place the SD in an envelope ?

What they probably do is collecting all orders, and then manufacture-to-order and ship in big batches. That's why they did not ship in 2 days. Just see it as a pre-order. Expect 5 weeks, Be happily surprised when it is sooner.
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TuurG

That sounds a feasable reason although they must have produced many for the new 3/5/7 units, must know the likely untake for "classic" users and will need stocks for later production.

Anyway, hey ho, never mind, as you say I, "be happily surprised when it is sooner."
Snoops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Having read this thread with interest, please can you advise me on the following.

I've had my TTG classic for three weeks. I've got the GB maps on SD card and Major Roads of Europe on CD.

Is it best that I upgrade the GB SD card and purchase the detailed maps of Western Europe separately, as I often drive abroad? Is it possible to purchase the Europe maps on SD card, as I have a very old PC and don't want the CD?

Am I correct in thinking that I will be able to put the European SD card in, and I will be able to navigate between countries without having to do anything, like change SD cards etc?

Thanks for your help.

Snoops
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snoops wrote:
I've had my TTG classic for three weeks. I've got the GB maps on SD card and Major Roads of Europe on CD.

Is it best that I upgrade the GB SD card and purchase the detailed maps of Western Europe separately, as I often drive abroad? Is it possible to purchase the Europe maps on SD card, as I have a very old PC and don't want the CD?

Am I correct in thinking that I will be able to put the European SD card in, and I will be able to navigate between countries without having to do anything, like change SD cards etc?

You can - or could - buy the old Europe maps on SD cards - one country at a time - and will probably be able to do the same thing with the new maps. However, it's a very expensive way of doing it, since each country on SD cards costs a similar amount to the whole lot on CD.

Short of buying a new 700 model, there is no way of navigating seamlessly throughout Europe at street level. However, the new Plus maps give you one country at street level - and the rest of Europe at 'Major Road' level - which really means down to village level. The Major Roads of Europe map which you already have on CD will get you all around Europe without changing maps - but won't navigate you to a detailed street address at the end of your journey. You ought to find a way of getting that put onto an SD card so that you can try it for yourself. Although connection to a computer is perhaps not essential for the operation of TTG, it comes pretty close - particularly if you want to download and install third party POIs such as speed camera locations.

If you do a lot of travelling in Europe, the new Plus maps should be really useful. But they're only an economical proposition if you buy them on CD and transfer them to your own SD cards. If you do this, there's no point in buying the updated UK map too - that will only duplicate part of the Europe set. But you need to solve the CD to SD issue!

Roger
robinwalton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my maps on Apr 30. After several emails to TomTom asking about despatch information, I received 2 emails yesterday :-)

First message Thumbs Up
Your order [number supplied] has been shipped on May 09 2005 05:46PM.
The parcel is sent by UPS and will arrive within 2 working days for EU
countries and 3 working days for other countries.

A tracking number was supplied and that does show 'In Transit', although not on the page link supplied!

Second message Joker
The order for TTGO Maps UK Upgrade 2005 will take approximated Stop! 3-4 weeks.

The order status has changed from Warehouse to Captured!

If anything actually arrives soon I'll let you know, but it does look hopeful. Driving
crowman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh - just received the 'official' email from TomTom describing the map release.
Quote:

With the launch of the new TomTom GO range we also offer current TomTom GO users a chance to upgrade their maps and software!

For current TomTom GO users upgrading to the new software and maps has many advantages.

The upgrade will include:

Latest maps
• The latest and most complete maps from Tele Atlas, pre-installed on a SD memory card (cd set in case of Maps of Western Europe)
• The individual regional maps are now fully connected to the major road network of Western Europe, offering seamless cross border navigation across Europe

New navigation features
- 'Itinerary Planning' for longer journeys with more than one stop: plan your trip defining multiple waypoints and destinations
- Full detail postcode navigation for the UK and Netherlands: select your destination by postcode
- Pick the route that suits you best: fastest, shortest, walking, bicycle, or avoid motorways, toll roads and congestion charge areas
- Spoken instructions now available in more than 30 languages
- On-screen interface available in 18 languages
- TomTom PLUS. Ready for more? Go to the website and download extras like city maps, navigation voices, positions of safety cameras and more.

What will it cost
The complete upgrade package, consisting of the TomTom GO software and regional map pre-installed on SD card costs EURO 79 (including VAT, excluding shipping and handling costs)

The upgraded Maps of Western Europe CD set (6 cd's), also including the software update, costs EURO 59 (including VAT, excluding shipping and handling costs). Note: If you upgrade your Maps of Western Europe product, it is not necessary to also upgrade your regional SD card (however, keep in mind that most of the new maps require an SD card of at least 512 MB).

Together with a link to upgrade.

My order is still warehoused at the moment though.
crowman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Just got a 'shipped' email, complete with UPS tracking number Smile
McToshie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All

I have also just received an email from TomTom telling me that my order has been shipped and quoting the carrier's reference number. It should be here within a couple of days.

McToshie
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Exciting isn't it. My email from Tom Tom also arrived today, shipped via ups and should arrive in two days.
Here's hoping. However the ups web site for shipment tracking is not working for me, still how many do work!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22

Jump to: