Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth Tom Tom on XDA11s novice questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth Tom Tom on XDA11s novice questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the-gent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth Tom Tom on XDA11s novice questions Reply with quote

Hi,

I am hoping to buy the Tom Tom shortly but wanted to ask a few novice questions first:

1 - Having trawlled though other questions and answers, I hope I am right in assuming that the XDA11s can cope with Bluetooth Tom Tom and a bluetooth headset, connected at the same time?

2 - My supplier is O2 and have no idea if using GPS actually incurs bandwidth charges? Say I was using Tom Tom for an 8 hour jouney, any idea of the rough cost please?

3 - As I use a Bluetooth headset, I do not use the internal speaker on the XDA11s (have never even tried it). So if I want to continue using the Bluetooth headset for all telephone calls, can it cope with using the internal speaker for Tom Tom bossy lady, or would I need to be forever switching settings somehow, from one to the other?

Hope somebody can help,

Regards,

Peter
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) If the XDAIIs supports the Audio Gateway profile then this should work

2) GPS does not incur any charges, it is free. You may have confused it with GPRS (the data service of your mobile phone) which will incur charges if you use additional services like TomTom Traffic.

3) On my machine (iPAQ 6315) I can decide if I want to send normal audio to the headset or the internal speaker. You need to manually switch though, or to switch off the BT headset.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

the XDA2s will allow you to use the bt headset and the bt gps reciever concurrently. the internal speaker will give tomtom directions and the headset will handle the telephone calls. However the internal speaker will not give tontom instructions while you are using the telephone (although you can still look at the map/route if you minimise the telephone screen).

hope this helps

The Pilgrim
the-gent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the information I was hoping to hear. Have just ordered the Tom Tom and look forward to finding my way home easier than at present.

Regards,

Peter

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: