Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v5.0.1.48 UK Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v5.0.1.48 UK Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another speedy response, this time a request for specific information.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed to the developers, I'll have to see what happens.
lavenham14
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Update on the down load page Reply with quote

I see that the update page on ALK.EU.Com has a latest update on 11 June. Has anyone tried this update yet to see if it cures the US voice problem?
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Update on the down load page Reply with quote

lavenham14 wrote:
I see that the update page on ALK.EU.Com has a latest update on 11 June. Has anyone tried this update yet to see if it cures the US voice problem?

Haven't tried but I doubt it is any different otherwise it would have a different version number. The significance of 11 June is that is the date when the new support forum was set up by Dave.

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
Bigwig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded and installed that update this week from the EU site and it still has the US voice problem Sad
lavenham14
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I'll just keep to the" Meeles " then!
alano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone installed CoPilot Live Pocket PC 5 v5.0.1.48 (UK Version) onto their Desktop PC from genuine ALK CD's and noticed that there are no POI's displayed on the desktop maps (I don't know whether the POI's are displayed on the PDA - I haven't looked there yet).

I have now installed CoPilot onto 2 very different PC's from the CD's and ALK have even sent me a second set of CD's - but still no POI's visible!

I, personally, think that this is a bug with the v5.0.1.48 CD's. I re-installed my original v5.0.1.13 CoPilot from CD's and the POI's are visible. I'm still awaiting a reply from ALK.

Anyone else had same problem? More importantly - anyone found a cure?

Thanks in advance,
Alan
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an obvious thing to check, but I'll ask it anyway. Have you checked the Map Features dialog on the Map menu?

Have you tried importing the speed cameras database and seen whether that is visible?

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
alano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian.

I used default settings for all installations - which means that all map features are enabled. However - for completeness - I have just unticked all features and then re-ticked them. No difference, though - still no POI's visible!

I have also, at your suggestion, imported the latest speed camera database from Pocket GPS website. VERY INTERESTING... the speed cameras show up as POI's.

Does this provide any further clues as to how the standard POI's can be made to appear?

Cheers,
Alan
alano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: ALK UK have today confirmed to me that they now accept my problem as being a bug with the v5.0.1.48 release - and promise to fix the bug in the next minor release of CoPilot.

Cheers,
Alan
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alano wrote:
Update: ALK UK have today confirmed to me that they now accept my problem as being a bug with the v5.0.1.48 release - and promise to fix the bug in the next minor release of CoPilot.

Wow! ALK ADMIT that a bug actually exists and they promise to FIX it. I can't believe it.

Perhaps they would like to admit to a few other bugs too like the crashes with out of memory errors and the bizzare routing that we have been complaining about for the past year? Rolling Eyes
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alano wrote:
Has anyone installed CoPilot Live Pocket PC 5 v5.0.1.48 (UK Version) onto their Desktop PC from genuine ALK CD's and noticed that there are no POI's displayed on the desktop maps (I don't know whether the POI's are displayed on the PDA - I haven't looked there yet).

I have now installed CoPilot onto 2 very different PC's from the CD's and ALK have even sent me a second set of CD's - but still no POI's visible!

I, personally, think that this is a bug with the v5.0.1.48 CD's. I re-installed my original v5.0.1.13 CoPilot from CD's and the POI's are visible. I'm still awaiting a reply from ALK.

Anyone else had same problem? More importantly - anyone found a cure?

Thanks in advance,
Alan

Is there such a thing as v5.0.1.48 for the desktop?

Certainly, if you start with v5.0.1.13 and apply ALL the updates from the ALK website, you end up with v5.0.1.48 on your PPC, but the desktop is only updated to v5.0.1.22.
alano
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil.

Yes, 5.0.1.22 is the latest version you can get from the ALK website.

However, if you contact Tech Support then they can supply a CD set consisting of 5.0.1.48 for both desktop and PDA. However, I wouldn't recommend the desktop version on the basis that it has no POI's!!!

For your information, the reason I contacted Tech Support in the first place was because the combination of 5.0.1.22 (desktop) and 5.0.1.48 (PDA) patches downloaded from ALK website gave me two problems: Roger had gone walkabout; roundabouts had been replaced by circles/ramps. ALK UK Tech Support elected to send me the 5.0.1.48 CD set in an attempt to resolve my two problems - which it did! - but only at the cost of losing the POI;s.

I have noted that within this forum there are documented cures for both my original problems - so I could go back to 5.0.1.22 on the desktop. However, I don't like an imbalance in versions between desktop and PDA. For example, in 5.0.1.48 the mapping has been updated, whereas it hasn't on 5.0.1.22.

Happy CoPiloting!
Alan
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say that the mapping has been updated - do you know what the differrences are?
BigTim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading with interest your posts, I too had problems since loading patch 5.0.1.48 where I lost TTS, and gained circles and ramps. I contacted ALK support and spoke to the level 2 guy who sent me the updated CD's for 5.0.1.48. Now both PPC and desktop are same version and I can see all POI's on the desktop without any adjustments to the default settings....Lucky or what I'm not sure, I just did what it said on the tin...

However, using the PPC on approach to a Gatso, Roger still forgets his English lessons and blurts 'Meelez' instead of 'miles'......irritating yes !! can this be fixed or wait for another patch from Alk ?

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: