Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v5.0.1.48 UK Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v5.0.1.48 UK Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDRedwood
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is updating just as simple as copying the .cab file to my pocket pc and running it, or does it need to be in a particular directory (or is it more complicated than that)?
Cheers,
Mike
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all there is to it. Go to the alk europe site and download to your PC, then follow the instructions
Robin
jdw7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unclear as to whether or not .48 includes real time traffic or if it's still 'coming soon' ? (I realise that there's a dedicated board for this issue BTW, but this one seems to be more active)
jdw7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also, I'm currently on 5.0.1.30. According to ALK's support page .48 is only relevant to pre .22 versions - so there's no point in upgrading right ?
Bigwig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using version 5.0.1.30 with my Pocket PC and have upgraded it by copying the cab file over. I think you can ignore any advice on the ALK site that says the update is for pre .22 versions only.

I've only used it for 2 days now but the POI's seem to be working 100% of the time set to warn 0.2 or 0.5 miles ahead (slider thing one notch from the left). The slider does seem to reset itself every time you go into the options though so you have to set it back even if you are just changing another option.

I have now got circles instead of roundabouts and ramps instead of sliproads. Also the speech has gone. I hoping I can find the language preferences file (language.cfg) and set it back to the UK settings. For some reason my install went to the main memory and not the storage card this time so I've got to hunt for the file.

I'll update if this works.
Bigwig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the language.cfg file in the copilot directory on the iPAQ itself. Copied my old file back and now I have roundabouts and speech again!

Used ver 48 for a few days now with no problems so would recommend it to anyone in the UK who hasn't upgraded. Just make a backup copy of the language.cfg and any other .cfg or .dat files you have changed yourself first.
rorywquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, when I try to install the programme to an SD (250mb)card via Active sync, Co-pilot thinks that I do not have enough space on the card. Any ideas?

IPAQ 2210 & co-pilot 5 with latest patchef
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello - I'm new to the forum having bought a Mio 168 and CPL 5 on Saturday and I want to update to the latest patch v .48. So sorry in advance if this is a no-brainer question for the younger & more technically agile!

I downloaded the .cab file to my PC but am unsure as to the next step to get the extracted files onto the Mitac. I assume it's by copying it into the one of the Copilot or 2577 directories and then extracting it? If so which one? Or have I (probably) missed the point.

Many thanks in advance
Bigwig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rorywquin wrote:
For some reason, when I try to install the programme to an SD (250mb)card via Active sync, Co-pilot thinks that I do not have enough space on the card.

Is this the initial install or have you been running it for some time? If you have then it could be you have a lot of gps track files that need deleting. Copliot starts a new gps track file each day that records your movements.

Look on the storage card under my documents, gpstracks

Craig
Bigwig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eltel wrote:
Hello - I'm new to the forum having bought a Mio 168 and CPL 5 on Saturday and I want to update to the latest patch v .48. ...

Use the Explorer button in Activesync and copy the cab file over to your pocket pc. Anywhere with space will do as it deletes itself after the install. Now just find where you copied it to on the pocket pc using file explorer. Click it and it will install after asking you if it is ok to copy over the original install.

Please do read the previous posts about how to get the speech and UK language options back again after the update. You might want to keep a backup copy of the language.cfg file found in the copilot directory first. (Drag it via ActiveSync explorer to your PC desktop for example).
rorywquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigwig wrote:
rorywquin wrote:
For some reason, when I try to install the programme to an SD (250mb)card via Active sync, Co-pilot thinks that I do not have enough space on the card.

Is this the initial install or have you been running it for some time? If you have then it could be you have a lot of gps track files that need deleting. Copliot starts a new gps track file each day that records your movements.

Look on the storage card under my documents, gpstracks

Craig

No - I have had it a while and decided to install the upgrade on a different card (usually on a CF where it is fine). The SD card definitely had no data on it but does work. I am listening to music off it right now.
Schouten
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigwig,

Many thanks for your help - it's appreciated. Yes have noted the comments about speech and language files.

Terry
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigWig, if you're installing the US version then it will reset your language, by copying the language.cfg to your desktop and adding the language=0 option and making sure it's set to UK English and not US English will fix this in future.

Rory, CoPilot desktop does have some problems seeing space through ActiveSync, it's best to download to a storage card and point it to your C:\ and then once completed just copy the \2577 directory (if you selected QuickStart) and also the \CoPilot directory and copy this to the root of your storage card.
rorywquin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Dave
jdw7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got round to restoring the sound on CoPilot after the upgrade to .48 removed it (are ALK Micro$oft in disguise ?). Imagine my delight to hear Roger now pronouncing 'miles' correctly again instead of the rather grating 'meelez'.
However, he no longer bothers to warn me of pending speed cameras (the only POI's I have enabled). I'm sitting on 9 points at the moment (3 petty motorway speeding fixed penalties) so it's important that I get this back - what do I need to do ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: