Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't Transfer Database POi to PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Transfer Database POi to PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Can't Transfer Database POi to PDA Reply with quote

Hi, My computer used to run Windows 98SE, I upgraded to Windows ME about two years ago. Last week the computer threw a wobblie, and I had to take it to a shop to be repaired, and I have just got it back. They formatted the hard disk(Deleted everything), and re-installed Windows ME. Anyway, today, I tried downloading The latest database, and when it asked me if I wanted to transfer the POi, I said yes, and it just said "Unable to transfer POi", no other messages, no reason why. Prior to this, I have uploaded the new database every month without any problems, when I got the PC back last month, I had to re-install ViaMichalin 3.2, Active Sync etc, (And did a Hard re-set of PDA), and I updated the database, (20th Nov), but now, it won't have it, I have tried a soft re-set. Can anyone help me out here please.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to read between the Lines.

Are you having trouble downloading fro this Site, or in transferring the files to your Device?

Can you explain the steps you took, and at which point you actually have the problem. What you were trying to do, at the time.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy, My troubles started after I got the PC back from being repaired, up untill then I could download and update the database without any problems. Now since getting everything back on the PC, active sync, ViaMichelin 3.2 etc I can download the database onto my PC, but can't transfer it to the PDA. After I put everything on the PC again, I downloaded the 20th Nov database, I could transfered it to the PDA, but it kept saying "Could not transfer POi to PDA", eventually after several attempts it transfered. Just downloaded the latest database, ok, but again it won't transfer to the PDA.

Download database ok
Open POi Manager ok
Locate POi Database ok
Assign database to Icon ok
Says there is already a database
with that name, do you want to over write ok
I say yes ok
It says Could not transfer POi to PDA ? Not ok

Thanks for your help.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the ViaMichelin setup. My only thought would be the amount of Free Memory on the Card or a problem with ActiveSync.

Don't you have to be logged in with ActiveSync, even as a Guest? Don't know if it makes a difference.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy, my memory card is a 256, and its only half full, only the sat nav on it, nothing else. The Active Sync recognises the PDA, thats how I got the ViaMichalin onto it, and thats why I'm stuck, I don't know why it wont transfer the database Question
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

Sorted it, Uninstalled ViaMichelin and active sync from PC, then did a Hard re-set of PDA, then re-installed it all, works ok now.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke too soon, Just updated the database again, and it won't have it, "Unable to transfer POi", no reason why. I uninstalled everything again, and re-installed everything, and it works again now, but if I try to update it, it won't have it. the PDA is recognised by active sync, thats how I get ViaMichelin on, could it be an active sync setting that is wrong, what settings should it be set on? I sent an e-mail to ViaMitchelin for help, They said the problem was, I was trying to transfer the database, when it was already on there, I e-mailed back and told them, thats how you update it, so they arn't much help. If I go into the SD card and Delete the database every month, would that solve the problem, I would be downloading a fresh database, instead of updating? Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: