Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MDPPC250 with a HI-203E GPS receiver.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MDPPC250 with a HI-203E GPS receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: MDPPC250 with a HI-203E GPS receiver. Reply with quote

I bought a new HI-203 gps receiver for my MDPPC250 however I'm stuck. TT3 picks up the receiver however Medion Navigator 4.3 doesnt. I had a play with the settings and on TT3 its com1 4800 baud. When I tried to set the gps on Nav 4.3 with the same settings there is no gps receiver detected. Can anybody help please.

regards
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a hard reset of the machine followed by a fresh install of the Navigon software. There have been problems reported in the past regarding conflicting drivers being used by multiple GPS applications on the same machine.

First time I tried Navigon with the Medion version of the software still present it could not find the GPS device. I can't remember if simply uninstalling was enough - I seem to recall that a hard rest was required.
twanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. No I never attempted a hard reset yet, but it looks like i need to. This sounds like a weekend job to me so I can do some reading. Thanks for your advice. I will update the forum when I finished. regards
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT - backup any PDA data or files you want to keep before you carry out this procedure. A hard reset takes the device back to its delivery state, all your data will be removed.

To do a hard reset.

1) Switch the PDA off using the power button at the top of the screen.
2) Use the pointer to press and hold the reset switch through the hole in the battery cover on the left hand side of the PDA.
3) Press and release the power switch.
4) Release the reset switch.

If you have managed a hard reset then you will see the Medion splash screen then the PDA will take you through a short setup procedure before finally bringing up the normal desktop. You will need to reset the date and time.

If you failed to do a hard reset you'll go straight from the Medion splash screen to the Windows desktop
twanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I gather that I need to reinstall my TTN3 and Medion Navigator 4.3. Thanks again for your help. Cheers
twanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Well the hard reset work and I managed to get all me software up and running. And most important my gps receiver works with Navignon Navigator4.3 and Tom Tom Nav Smile . Once again thanks for your tips BigSecret

cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: