Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 5 : Software review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 5 : Software review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjpresc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so you would not expect an upgrade to a £14.95 paper map for free but we are not talking about a paper map we are talking about the latest technology which has just cost me £500 five months ago. According to pocketgpsworld review on this upgrade it states:

Quote:
"Upgrades"

"TomTom announced to the PocketGPSWorld.com team at CeBit that the upgrade for existing 4.x customers would be free of charge. However no official statement has been made in form of a press release, so please do not accept this as cast in stone."

So obviously they considered it and changed their minds. The postcode search would be a great help for me but I cannot justify spending another £60 to bring it up to date.
megamast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: TomTom 5 Software upgrade ( the downside) Reply with quote

Hi
I have to say that the new TOM TOM One I have just purchased is great. I am very impressed with the facilities and the fast re calcs etc. there is however one big drawback to all the TOmTOm software versions V5 that is theat teh co ordinate option has been removed. It has not been hidden at the bottom of a long menu which would have been fine but completly removed. I am a proffesional radio comms engineer and use the grid co ords option of tom tom 3 very frequently, it came as a big shock when I realised that they had removed it from the new software. I am not alone in my views chatting around to other proffesionals in the trade they have either gone back to tomtom 3 on a PDA or bypassed tom tom altogeather.

I have emailed TomTom and got a very polite reply back ( many thanks0 but it basically said that they didn't envisage it ever coming back.... pity why not make it an option?

Perhaps some 3rd party might like to produce an addon?
Cheers Mike

quasarcomms Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 5 Software upgrade ( the downside) Reply with quote

megamast wrote:

Perhaps some 3rd party might like to produce an addon?

Already done! Scaredycat's Beta of Navigate to Lat/Long is HERE
Unfortunately, it was designed with TomTom's software developers' kit which only works with firmware version 5.202 which works with the Go/300/500/700 but not (I think) with the One.
Waiting for TomTom on this one to produce a new SDK.

Other get-rounds to allow navigating to Lat/Long, involve either manually creating an itinerary as a text file, or apparently POIEdit can also do it.
Try browsing the MyTomTomGo "In Depth" forum HERE (if I'm still allowed to "advertise" a rival here Wink ), where ethere are several threads relating to it.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom 5 Software upgrade ( the downside) Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Try browsing the MyTomTomGo "In Depth" forum HERE (if I'm still allowed to "advertise" a rival here Wink ), where ethere are several threads relating to it.

They may be a rival but their good friends of ours Smile
nim1206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: TT on laptop & PSP Reply with quote

Can anyone help please.
I have TT mobile 5 on my nokia N70.
Am looking to have the TT installed on my laptop & the PSP.
Is is possible & how/
Please help somone.
Thanks in advance.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: TT on laptop & PSP Reply with quote

nim1206 wrote:
Can anyone help please.
I have TT mobile 5 on my nokia N70.
Am looking to have the TT installed on my laptop & the PSP.
Is is possible & how/
Please help somone.
Thanks in advance.

You're joking right? There is neither a PS/laptop nor PSP version available.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: