Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beginner’s Guide
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner’s Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was....
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Is that Moderator's footsteps I hear? 8O )

No I think that it might be Andy_P2002's footsteps running to keep up! ;)
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud Laughing

Some of us have to do some work with the other hand you know! I often start a really good reply, but by the time I actually hit the send button, someone has snuck in before me Evil or Very Mad
Bydlo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Need help with a PalmOne Tungsten E2 Reply with quote

Hello all,

new to the forum but it is GREAT I must say.
I personally have a Navman iC510, downloaded the database and followed your instructions and it worked perfectly first time..

The problem I have is my son purchased the PalmOne Tungsten E2 running viaMichelin for SatNav.

Can anybody advise the file types to use and instructions of how to add to viaMichelin please?

ALSO...IF anyone knows how to...I would like to know how to add the maps, and speed database to the internal memory of the Navman iC510? IF it is possible to do this? i cannot seem to find ANY mention of how to do this. I use the SmartV3 OS on the Navman.

Hoping someone can help..

Thanks.

Mike.
glynnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: I need help camera data base Reply with quote

Some body please help I have just subscribed to pocket gps and I cannot see and have tried to down load the safety camera files. nothing works it is not a zip file what they are downloading to me. I have a tom tom one

Please help me

Thanks Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help camera data base Reply with quote

glynnk wrote:
nothing works it is not a zip file what they are downloading to me.

What is it then? Question

Should be a zip file called "PocketGPSWorldCameras.zip".
Alnother poster says it didn't give him a chance to specify where to save it. Do a search on your harddrive for a file of that name created today.
g1rgg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Pocket GPS Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

am i reading things right...??

i have to pay for the camara database ??
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Pocket GPS Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

g1rgg wrote:

Yes and Yes.

I'll delete your other post as it's not necessary to Double Post.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
g1rgg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

OK I see.

So pockergps.com gets the info for thr database from gps users for FREE
then charges for others to use it. (nice con as BAD as speed camaras )
so New pocket gps url www.pocketgps.CON
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Pocket GPS Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

g1rgg wrote:

You have also paid for entry into competitions and retailer discounts and all the other benefits of membership of our site.
storming1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Gizmondo co pilot?? Reply with quote

I have a gizmondo co pilot, and i was wondering if i can use the speed camera data base??
Gizmondo have gone bust and ALK (copilot6) told me they longer support the gizmondo any more!!
I also think that co pilot take there information from Your data base and convert it in to another file format that only they can supply?
Any help would greatful!!!thxs
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Gizmondo co pilot?? Reply with quote

storming1 wrote:
I have a gizmondo co pilot, and i was wondering if i can use the speed camera data base??
Gizmondo have gone bust and ALK (copilot6) told me they longer support the gizmondo any more!!
I also think that co pilot take there information from Your data base and convert it in to another file format that only they can supply?
Any help would greatful!!!thxs

Indeed you can, if you ask in the CoPilot forums I'm sure someone will explain the process.
mickgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Using a MPH speed limit with the device set on metric Reply with quote

New owner calling, forgive me if this is a daft question.
The speed limits set in the speed camera POI are obviously MPH. How does the device handle if it is set in Metric mode ? I can't work this out. Do I have to set my nuvi to Imperial units to use this POI DB ? I much prefer to use metres and kilometers.

While I'm on, OI may as well ask where can I find an explanation of the CSV file format? It is not in the user manual or on the Garmin site as far as i can see. Is @20 all I need to know ?
Cheers, Mick.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mickgps,

mickgps wrote:
New owner calling, forgive me if this is a daft question.
The speed limits set in the speed camera POI are obviously MPH. How does the device handle if it is set in Metric mode ? I can't work this out. Do I have to set my nuvi to Imperial units to use this POI DB ? I much prefer to use metres and kilometers.

Hopefully when you are driving in the UK, you use the MPH display on your vehicle’s speedometer/tachograph and not km/h! As long as you do that, then it doesn’t matter whether your SatNav is set to metric or imperial. As the cameras are grouped into sub-categories of the same speed limit, i.e. 20 mph, 30 mph, 40 mph, etc. Wink

However, I think that you may be making things unnecessarily difficult for yourself. I would always recommend that you set both your SatNav and your vehicle’s instruments to display the same units as the country that you’re driving in at the time. It is easier to think in the units of the country that you’re in, rather than convert to a different unit. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
jamu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Data base Reply with quote

Trying to download the data base for my Garmin i3.....when i click on download for my product....nothing happens....does not give me an option of where to save the files......i have run a search for the PocketGPSWorldCameras.zip......which i assume is what i am wanting.....but nowhere to be found.......I am using Firefox as my browser.....could this be a problem????.....hope someone can help.....cheers....J

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 10 of 33

Jump to: