Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bracket/clip to fix TOMTOM Bluetooth to sunroof?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bracket/clip to fix TOMTOM Bluetooth to sunroof?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohannLondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Bracket/clip to fix TOMTOM Bluetooth to sunroof? Reply with quote

Hi I just got myself a TOMTOM Bluetooth GPS. A friend has a different Bluetooth GPS (don’t remember what type) that came with a nice sucker bracket to mount it on the underside of the sunroof. Is there such a thing for the TOMTOM?

Then where does the little thing actually “receive”? Will it work if I stick it upside down to the underside of the sunroof glass? Or is it the little “eyes” behind the little plastic cap between the two power sockets that do the “receiving”?

Placing it on the dashboard the silver finish gets reflected on the windscreen and I see the thing all the time which I don’t like.
farwellbooth
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set mine on top of the sunshade between the sunshade and glass. There's a little indentation so it doesn't slide around... obviously each sunroof is different but maybe you can try it
Damian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is screwed to the underside of my parcel shelf and it still gets up to 12 satellites in a good area
JohannLondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys... "underside" of your parcel shelf!!! Wow! That opens up lots of possibilities then... Do you get a power lead for the GPS straight from a cigarette lighter socket? If so I can just have it running on its own from the socket in my boot? At the moment it needs the TomTom car cradle as an intermediate connection...
Damian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car has a cig lighter in the rear passenger well. I bought a 3way cig lighter extension lead. Chopped the plug off, connected it to the terminals behind the cig lighter. Run the extension under the carpets through the door sills into the boot and have used the ordinary cig lead power connector to power my tomtom
flyguy26e
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohannLondon wrote:
Thanks guys... "underside" of your parcel shelf!!! Wow! That opens up lots of possibilities then... Do you get a power lead for the GPS straight from a cigarette lighter socket? If so I can just have it running on its own from the socket in my boot? At the moment it needs the TomTom car cradle as an intermediate connection...

The TT BT GPS requires a 5 volt input from the TT cradle or the cigarrette lighter power adapter that came with it. DON'T connect 12 volt directly to it!
JohannLondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Ok I won't mess with the GPS power supply then... the manual says it will last for up to 6 hours anyway so I guess that is more than enough... unless I drive right across Europe!

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: