Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom3 GPS position unreliable (again)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom3 GPS position unreliable (again)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sausages
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: TomTom3 GPS position unreliable (again) Reply with quote

hi all. I'm a bit of a noob with my Fortuna Clip On and it's giving me some aggro.

I've RTFM & STFW and this forum, all to no avail. I still get "GPS position unreliable" Evil or Very Mad

TomTom 3.07 417/421
iPaq 5450
Fortuna ClipOn BT

tomtom is installed and working ok. the fortuna was charged, left on the windowsil for a few mins and it locked on to the satellites ok.

I fired up tomtom GPS, selected tomtom wireless GPS, com port 8, clicked the tick box, in bluetooth browser I select Clip-On BT GPS and the blue LED on the fortuna immediately started flickering.

when I go to status the dish ...... PPC icon remains greyed out.

I fire up tomtom and get the old GPS position unreliable message.

I've tried com port 5 (locks up) and I've tried a whole load of combinations of optionsNMEA, SiRF etc and still get GPS position unreliable Twisted Evil

have I got a duff BT GPS unit or am I missing something really, really obvious ?

thanks for any help forthcoming
sausages
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, whaddayaknow ? today, it just decided to work.

thanks to those 36 people that viewed this thread for all the help Rolling Eyes
bihus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also new here, but I have some experience from other forums. If 36 people read it and didn't said nothing, maybe they read to see if they could help, but had nothing worth posting for. I understand that you may need it quickly, but that's not something you should blame others for.
bugs000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Settings Reply with quote

Would you mind telling me what settings you used to get the Fortuna to talk to Tomtom GPS software. I am not getting information transmitted from my Fortuna to my IPAQ.

Thanks.
fivejays
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me days to get the Fortuna Clip-on to talk to my HP iPaq2210 running TomTom Nav3. Then, once I'd figured it out, the two would fall out with each other. This happened on a regular basis on a 150 mile round trip to various places, nearly resulting in GPS and PPC going out the car window!

Turns out that the Bluetooth Manager on the PPC is always looking for new connections and keeps dropping out, so I downloaded a file called "btregtweak14setup" and this seems to have fixed the problem.

I know this doesn't help, but I haven't a clue how I managed to get them to connect in the first place. At least now I've stopped them from disconnecting on a regular basis.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: