Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Sync/CheckPOInt/Tom Tom running VERY slowly
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Sync/CheckPOInt/Tom Tom running VERY slowly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sniffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: POI Sync/CheckPOInt/Tom Tom running VERY slowly Reply with quote

I installed POI Sync today and decided (probably foolishly with hindsight) to sync all the UK POIs which it did, most of the way, before giving me an error message of too many POIs (although it didnt run out of disk space on the Card).

So, I tried running CheckPOInt and it took several minutes to run before running Tom TOm VERY VERY slowly.

I decided to remove all the POIs I'd installed from the memory card (being careful not to delete anything that was on there already) and rebooted my PDA.

However, CheckPOInt and Tom TOm are still running very slowly although all the other PDA apps appear to be working fine.

I'm not sure how to resolve the problem other than installing everything (including the OS) from scratch as I've tried re-installing CheckPOInt to see if that makes any difference, but it didn't.

My only other option before installing everything from scratch is to try re-installing Tom Tom again.

Are there any other options ?
If not, and I need to backup everything, where does Tom Tom store the 'Favourites' ?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm at my wits end now as I need to use it heavily over the next week or so on business driving around the UK....

Any help gratefully received.
Sniffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as another bit of info, the only POIs I've now got on my storage card are the Speed Camera Database files - nothing else.

Help !!!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're really stuck, wipe the map(s) from your storage card and reinstall them from CD. That will give you a map with no POIs apart from those that TomTom supply.

The settings in Navigator 3 go in \My Documents\TomTom Navigator Settings. If you want to wipe them, delete the .cfg files in that folder (there's a global one, and one for each map). Navigator will rebuild them the next time you start it.

David
Sniffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wiped the maps from the storage card and tried running CheckPOInt (and also tried running Navigator on its own) but things still run slowly....UNTIL I flick out the storage card and then everything runs immediately (apart from the No Maps Found message).

Any other suggestions, as I don't think installing the maps is the problem....is there anything else I could have corrupted on the storage card ? (I'm running Navigator from the PDA, not the card)
Sniffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided I'd spent too much time fiddling around so did a hard reset and re-installed everything from scratch - seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the assistance - I can now drive again !!! Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: